JP Macura
    Trevon Bluiett
    Jalen Reynolds

Remy Abel
    James Farr
    Sean O'Mara
    Edmond Sumner
    Makinde London

Shooters in the first group and length in the second group.
    Balls of Steele!!

Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    I'm going with....

Larry Austin Jr
    Myles Davis
    JP Macura
    Trevon Bluiett
    Jalen Reynolds

Remy Abel
    James Farr
    Sean O'Mara
    Edmond Sumner
    Makinde London

The first group will need everyone hitting the boards, but what really jumps out is this: That's a lot of good basketball players!

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    What I would guess it would be is:

Austin Jr
    Myles
    Trevon
    Farr
    Jalen

I feel pretty confident about Trevon, Farr, and Jalen starting. Not so sure about Myles, it could be Remy but I think Myles is going to take another jump that will make it hard to not start him. PG is the real question mark next year.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

It's hard for me not to have Remy as a starter which he deserves to be, but having him come off the bench and be a spark plug would be awesome. When you have a 6th man who is a legit starter, you have a very good team.
    Balls of Steele!!

Sophomore
    Starting 5:

Austin Jr.
    Davis
    Bluiett
    Farr
    Reynolds

Next 5:
    Abel
    Macura
    Sumner
    London
    O'Mara

I think it's possible we could add a 5th year transfer or another recruit. Even if we don't, hot damn, we're deep.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse View Post
    Starting 5:

Austin Jr.
    Davis
    Bluiett
    Farr
    Reynolds

Next 5:
    Abel
    Macura
    Sumner
    London
    O'Mara

I think it's possible we could add a 5th year transfer or another recruit. Even if we don't, hot damn, we're deep.
    I'd also like to add that I like Larry Austin, Jr. and I think he's going to be good, but I'm secretly hoping that Sumner turns out to be the balls, starts immediately and is lights out.

Supporting Member
    I'm going with....

Larry Austin Jr
    Myles Davis
    JP Macura
    Trevon Bluiett
    Jalen Reynolds

Remy Abel
    James Farr
    Sean O'Mara
    Edmond Sumner
    Makinde London

Maybe for the non conference I'd be ok with that starting five but for big east play that is way too small in my opinion..plus you need guys who can do different things and myles, jp and bluiett all do the same exact thing as of right now. In my opinion need to have another big in there and either a Remy or if he is ready to go Sumner. If we don't have a slashing get to the rim guard in our lineup next year, we are going to have serious issues. Only reason we didn't in most cases this year was because stain was such a great passer out of the post. Don't think we will have that next year...they will be fine but not as good as stain. Someone is going to have to step up and collapse the defense.

It's hard for me not to have Remy as a starter which he deserves to be, but having him come off the bench and be a spark plug would be awesome. When you have a 6th man who is a legit starter, you have a very good team.
    Ah yes. Think of James Posey.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse View Post
    I'd also like to add that I like Larry Austin, Jr. and I think he's going to be good, but I'm secretly hoping that Sumner turns out to be the balls, starts immediately and is lights out.
    If Sumner or Gates or anyone else who comes in becomes a starter, then Xavier will be balls to the wall deep.

Also keep in mind that Gates is ranked as the #1 PF coming out of Georgia.
    Last edited by MADXSTER; 03-27-2015 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Gates info
    Balls of Steele!!

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Maybe for the non conference I'd be ok with that starting five but for big east play that is way too small in my opinion..plus you need guys who can do different things and myles, jp and bluiett all do the same exact thing as of right now. In my opinion need to have another big in there and either a Remy or if he is ready to go Sumner. If we don't have a slashing get to the rim guard in our lineup next year, we are going to have serious issues. Only reason we didn't in most cases this year was because stain was such a great passer out of the post. Don't think we will have that next year...they will be fine but not as good as stain. Someone is going to have to step up and collapse the defense.
    Agree, that is why this was stated for the season opener.
    Balls of Steele!!