Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ammtd34 View Post
    Remy is a senior next year.
    My bad...I don't know why but I thought he only played one season at IU...well time for him to step up in a big way next year then!

Edit: nvm

Quote Originally Posted by GetUp5 View Post
    Not to derail this already, but there's a VERY good chance you're replacing Jalen Reynolds as well.
    We had a bunch of knuckleheads saying before this year that he would be going pro now.....

Jalen has some work to do. Without Stain next year it will be interesting to see how much attention he gets.

Sophomore
    Well I think this thread is pretty much derailed, but I'd be shocked if Jalen left after next year.

If he does, that means he's had a pretty tremendous year, and I think I would be OK with that. He is extremely talented, but still needs to improve big time in a few areas to help replace what we lose with Stain. I think he's going to have a really uphill battle getting drafted because of his age, so I could also see him staying all four years just because the publicity would be a tremendous boost to his stock. I really do think he could play in the NBA someday if he really focuses and fine tunes his game.

But, I could also see him leaving a little earlier than he should, a la Derrick Brown, and maybe going overseas after a year or two of fighting to make a roster.

Sophomore
    He plays like he did last night for 35 games next season and he will (and should) be gone.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    nevermind...for some reason i thought Remy had two seasons left...my bad!
    So funny because all year I thought Remy was a sophomore eligibility-wise and then like two weeks ago I heard he was a junior. Not sure how it's possible I missed that.

I love Jalen, but I hope pro basketball is the reason he leaves Xavier early. He has a bit of a history with us, so I have this gnawing fear that won't be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
    He plays like he did last night for 35 games next season and he will (and should) be gone.
    Doug Gottlieb said he should declare now. Already NBA body, can shoot and can finish and is 22. I will take one more year.

I agree that the 4 star should be a big. The 3.5 star should be an athletic wing that can lock down on defense. Point guard for the last spot. It's the hardest job to learn, but I have faith our coaches can work with the players at that skill set coming in.

Gottlieb is a fool. Jalen is at best a 2nd rounder now. He absolutely has to stay next year to prove he can play consistently through out the season and keep the techs down. Jalen will also be the defensive down low focus for other teams and he needs to show he can handle that. How much of his success this year was due to Stain being double teamed. Physically he is ready but his game is not and he will get eaten up at the next level right now.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Doug Gottlieb said he should declare now. Already NBA body, can shoot and can finish and is 22. I will take one more year.