Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Sophomore

Disputed Report Randolph Transferring (REFUTED BY MACK AND RANDOLPH)

I think most expected this, but now it is official.

Josh Gershon @JoshGershon
    Follow
    Xavier sophomore PG Brandon Randolph, originally from Inglewood (Calif.), has requested his release and will transfer, per source.

I know he struggled some with injuries this year and Austin ended up taking his playing time, but I still hate to see him go. I think he has some talent and now we really only have one true PG on the roster (I'm assuming Sumner will be a wing).

Sophomore
    Sumner is 100% not a wing...don't anticipate him seeing any minutes at the 3 next year.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
    Sumner is 100% not a wing...don't anticipate him seeing any minutes at the 3 next year.
    So you're saying he's a pure point?

Because both the 2 and 3 are wings.

Is he finishing the season first? I assume so, but I would have expected him to wait until after the season to request the release.

Ugh, that's a shame. I thought he would provide solid minutes this year. Seemed like he provided a spark the few times he got in the game. Loved his ability to get to the rim.

Kind of odd timing. This stuff usually doesn't happen till after the season. Will Brandon continue to practice with the team and travel to NYC?

I wish him great success wherever he goes (as long as he's not playing against X).

Junior
    Does this mean pg recruit Traci Carter is committing to X today?

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Is he finishing the season first? I assume so, but I would have expected him to wait until after the season to request the release.
    I highly doubt it. Typically once a guy asks for his release the relationship is over.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Does this mean pg recruit Traci Carter is committing to X today?
    He committed to Marquette a few hours ago.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Fan View Post
    Ugh, that's a shame. I thought he would provide solid minutes this year. Seemed like he provided a spark the few times he got in the game. Loved his ability to get to the rim.

Kind of odd timing. This stuff usually doesn't happen till after the season. Will Brandon continue to practice with the team and travel to NYC?

I wish him great success wherever he goes (as long as he's not playing against X).
    I would think that he'll head back closer to home, so I doubt we would run into him much, except for the Dance. I was afraid of this, given how little we've seen of him.

I wish him great luck. I liked it when we landed him - a West Coast recruit; evidence of some national recruiting ability on the part of Mack and X.
    X A V I E R

Randolph Transferring

Odd timing. Maybe it just leaked and he didn't want to announce until after the season.