Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seniors...

"I'm tremendously proud of this group," Mack said. "The older guys have been through a lot and they've continued to maintain our culture and believe in one another." - Cincinnati Enquirer
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by markchal View Post
    I know this thread is about the seniors, but I've been really impressed with the upperclassmen as a whole. Farr didn't have his best game yesterday, but was HUGE against Ole Miss. And Remy has been playing some of his best ball of the season as well. We haven't seen this many upperclassmen playing this well at the same time all season, and that's been so big for this team. It's the Xavier way.
    I agree, but I have a question...has Remy's hand healed? I knew it was hurt in the BE tournament. But he has been lights out since.
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

Actually, I think it might be even better.

David Freaking West entered Xavier in 1999. His was the last class that entered that did not play in a Sweet 16. Those that entered in 2000, played in the 2004 Elite 8, as those would have that entered in 2001 and 2002.

Unless my feeble mind is failing worse than I think, that means that EVERY Xavier player who stayed through Senior year this millinium has played in at least a Sweet 16. Can any other College Basketball program say that?
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Actually, I think it might be even better.

David Freaking West entered Xavier in 1999. His was the last class that entered that did not play in a Sweet 16. Those that entered in 2000, played in the 2004 Elite 8, as those would have that entered in 2001 and 2002.

Unless my feeble mind is failing worse than I think, that means that EVERY Xavier player who stayed through Senior year this millinium has played in at least a Sweet 16. Can any other College Basketball program say that?
    I'm sure Michigan State can, they had the ridiculous stat of every player who stayed until they were seniors under Izzo had gone to the FINAL 4! Not sure if that ended or is still active.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Freshman
    Really happy for both seniors but especially Dee.Like just about everyone else I doubted his ability to be a leader and he is proving us wrong.He isn't putting up quite the numbers Chalmers did in'04 but he's really playing big.Anything can happen now.I think we can surprise Arizona.Let's keep this ride going

Junior
    Wait, what about some of the transfers? Andre and Philmore didn't see Sweet Sixteens, did they? Are the parameters traditional four year seniors?
    zip em up

Quote Originally Posted by BandAid View Post
    Wait, what about some of the transfers? Andre and Philmore didn't see Sweet Sixteens, did they? Are the parameters traditional four year seniors?
    Yeah, 4 year seniors. Neither did Brian Thornton.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Yeah, 4 year seniors. Neither did Brian Thornton.
    Or Travis Taylor
    Brown against Burton...Brown starting his dribble...He moves in, he pops up....SCOOORRREESSS!....LENNY BROWN!...XAVIER WINS IT!...THE MUSKIES WIN IT!...71-69...The UC Bearcats are #1 in the country, #2 in their OWN CITY! - Andy MacWilliams

Both Andre Walker and Travis Taylor were on the 2012 Sweet 16 team.

Quote Originally Posted by DC Muskie View Post
    I agree, but I have a question...has Remy's hand healed? I knew it was hurt in the BE tournament. But he has been lights out since.
    He told the sideline reporter prior to the Butler game that his hand felt better, and since then he's gone 3 for 10 from behind the arc. Tiny sample size, but if it still hurt he probably wouldn't be making more than one. He's probably fine.