Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seniors...

Seniors...

...win Sweet Sixteens. Messrs. Davis and Stainbrook have admirably fulfilled the legacy of Xavier seniors delivering wins in March. With their recent performances, they have entered the pantheon of all-time great seniors. March on, seniors, march on.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Somebody check my math on this, but I believe that every single player who stayed at Xavier to become a Senior and entered school in 2003 or later has played in at least one Sweet 16 during his time at Xavier.

That is pretty amazing- especially since David Freaking West never did.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Somebody check my math on this, but I believe that every single player who stayed at Xavier to become a Senior and entered school in 2003 or later has played in at least one Sweet 16 during his time at Xavier.

Definitely amazing. It was nice after the Ole Miss win hearing Mack talk about how important it was for Stain to win an NCAA tournament game. I'm still bummed Semaj never got to win one.

This is simply what we do.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

That is correct MOR...

Sato, Compton, Chalmers, K. Jackson, Cage, Doellman, Stanley, Finn, Cole, Caudle, Duncan, BJ, D. Brown, J. Love, Joe Hughes, Dante, King Kenny, Tu, Brad, Cheeks, J. Rob, Dee, JMart, Farr, Myles, Jalen, T. Stainbrook, B. Randolph, Larry Austin, JP, Sumner, Makinde, Tre, and S. O'Mara.

All these guys arrived as freshman and have or will Graduate with a Xavier Degree (assuming they stick around) and have all made a Sweet 16!!

VERY Impressive.
    Brown against Burton...Brown starting his dribble...He moves in, he pops up....SCOOORRREESSS!....LENNY BROWN!...XAVIER WINS IT!...THE MUSKIES WIN IT!...71-69...The UC Bearcats are #1 in the country, #2 in their OWN CITY! - Andy MacWilliams

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Retire33 View Post
    That is correct MOR...

Sato, Compton, Chalmers, K. Jackson, Cage, Doellman, Stanley, Finn, Cole, Caudle, Duncan, BJ, D. Brown, J. Love, Joe Hughes, Dante, King Kenny, Tu, Brad, Cheeks, J. Rob, Dee, JMart, Farr, Myles, Jalen, T. Stainbrook, B. Randolph, Larry Austin, JP, Sumner, Makinde, Tre, and S. O'Mara.

All these guys arrived as freshman and have or will Graduate with a Xavier Degree (assuming they stick around) and have all made a Sweet 16!!

VERY Impressive.
    I thought Finn was dismissed from the program. Did he stay in school after that?

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar

That is amazing. Love the Muskies!
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Seniors...

Quote Originally Posted by markchal View Post
    I thought Finn was dismissed from the program. Did he stay in school after that?
    I heard he managed to graduate that spring.

Finn did in fact graduate.
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

Sophomore
    I know this thread is about the seniors, but I've been really impressed with the upperclassmen as a whole. Farr didn't have his best game yesterday, but was HUGE against Ole Miss. And Remy has been playing some of his best ball of the season as well. We haven't seen this many upperclassmen playing this well at the same time all season, and that's been so big for this team. It's the Xavier way.