Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    Loved that quote by Mack. I hope national media members keep picking against us and I hope we can keep proving them wrong.

Are we even allowed to the next round!!!????

Quote Originally Posted by Xavgrad08 View Post
    Loved that quote by Mack. I hope national media members keep picking against us and I hope we can keep proving them wrong.
    Bet that quote gets exactly zero air time on ESPN.

Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Supporting Member
    Efff espn, eff gotdweeb, eff bilas just because, and eff Iowa state for effing up my bracket

Quote Originally Posted by LadyMuskie View Post
    Up in the left hand corner hit the speaker.
    Txs.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Sophomore
    I said this on the other thread, but I wasn't a huge fan of it. It's fine, just think it's unnecessary. We aren't fighting for attention in the A-10 anymore. People can pick against us, that's no great injustice. Gottlieb and SVP were annoying, but Mack's statements make me think the locker room is paying more attention to these hacks than they should. Our actions on the court speak for themselves and people will eventually learn what we do in march.

Quote Originally Posted by markchal View Post
    I said this on the other thread, but I wasn't a huge fan of it. It's fine, just think it's unnecessary. We aren't fighting for attention in the A-10 anymore. People can pick against us, that's no great injustice. Gottlieb and SVP were annoying, but Mack's statements make me think the locker room is paying more attention to these hacks than they should. Our actions on the court speak for themselves and people will eventually learn what we do in march.
    Paying more attention to the hacks than we should? Jeezuz, Mark. I respect your opinion. But we just won an NCAA Tournament game by 17 points! Whatever it takes to put a chip on the shoulder, go ahead and do it. It obviously worked.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Paying more attention to the hacks than we should? Jeezuz, Mark. I respect your opinion. But we just won an NCAA Tournament game by 17 points! Whatever it takes to put a chip on the shoulder, go ahead and do it. It obviously worked.
    It was by 19. Largest margin of victory in the NCAA tourney for Xavier ever.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Yeah it doesnt take a whole lot of paying attention to realize most people were picking BYU against us then switched to Ole Miss. I loved it.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Yeah it doesnt take a whole lot of paying attention to realize most people were picking BYU against us then switched to Ole Miss. I loved it.
    Especially when you consider the increased amount of "talking heads" and channels to see and hear this stuff. The three no named guys on FS1, our own freaking network said Ole Miss could win.

Of course they "could" win. What exactly are you doing on television and being asked your opinion about a game if you simply sit there and say, "Yeah sure they could win."

Thanks, no name commentator on a network no one watches. I wonder why.
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

I don't think it's an issue with Mack and the guys listening to the media. It's just fueling the fire. Let em have it. And I disagree. I think the Big East is out for respect and blood because clearly they're not getting the respect they deserve. Looking good so far. Want Providence to crush Dayton so bad today. Also liked this a lot from Andy Katz:

"@ESPNAndyKatz: If there is one given this season it's this: every time I pick against @CoachChrisMack and @XUAthletics the Musketeers win. Go X!"