Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I think we got a tiny bit overseeded....but I thought a 7 before the bracket was announced, so I mean splitting hairs here.

Of the teams in the Big East, here is the way I see things going down...not that what I say means anything, but it doesn't mean anything less than the crackpot "experts" on CBS or ESPN.

Villanova---championship game
    Butler---Elite Eight
    Providence---Sweet 16
    St. Johns---round of 32
    Xavier--round of 32
    Georgetown----upset

It may be because we beat Georgetown 3 times, it may also be because they are a consistent underperformer in the tourney, or it may be because I think that their coach is living off his father's success. Whatever it is, I'm not impressed with Georgetown and definitely don't see them making it out of the first weekend.

Of course now that I say that, you might as well pencil them into the Elite Eight.
    Xavier has been a pretty trendy pick to be upset by BYU.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    My first crack which will be tweaked has:

-Nova championship game
    -Georgetown Sweet 16
    -Butler Sweet 16
    -Providence Sweet 16
    -Xavier Sweet 16
    -SJU out in first round
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post

-Nova championship game
    -Georgetown Sweet 16
    -Butler Sweet 16
    -Providence Sweet 16
    -Xavier Sweet 16
    -SJU out in first round
    If our conference has 5 sweet 16 teams in, that would be a huge win for the conference....i don't see it happening, but would love it.

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post

-Nova championship game
    -Georgetown Sweet 16
    -Butler Sweet 16
    -Providence Sweet 16
    -Xavier Sweet 16
    -SJU out in first round
    ESPN would crash and burn.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    If our conference has 5 sweet 16 teams in, that would be a huge win for the conference....i don't see it happening, but would love it.
    Yeah same. I feel pretty good about Nova and I feel a lot better about Georgetown getting to Sweet 16 than most.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Junior
    Don't have my bracket infront of me-- but I think I have:
    Nova in the NC game
    Providence and Gtown Sweet 16
    Butler/X round of 32 (I was going to have Butler in sweet 16 but I like ND. Wish they had a different 3)
    St. John's out in first round.
    Last edited by Xavier; 03-16-2015 at 09:21 AM.

Junior
    Not many have someone who can handle Josh Smith. Stain is the number one reason we match up so well against Georgetown.
    zip em up

I'm not seeing 5 Big East teams in the Sweet 16. 1 is more likely than 5 IMO. I see 2 or 3 as the likely case.

I picked Butler over ND because I dont trust Mike Brey to get it done. I think they could lose to Butler or Texas if they beat Butler.

Xavier is a heart pick.

Nova and Georgetown I feel good about.

Providence I picked because of Dunn, great guard play can do wonders. Also Henton can light it up.

SJU is the only team I have flaming out. Obekpa injury will hurt.

Supporting Member
    i could definitely see Providence and Nova meeting in the elite eight...Oklahoma is a pretty weak three in my opinion and Virginia's best player, Justin Anderson, doesn't look healthy still to me...Oklahoma could beat anyone, but they could also lose in the first round. I know you can say that about a lot of teams, but they lost to Creighton, K state twice, washington but then beat Kansas and Iowa St. They are pretty schizo....again though you can probably say tat about any team outside of most of the #1s and #2s

Kentucky has a virtual cakewalk to the Final Four in my opinion. Usually the NCAA tries to make it very hard on Calipari...that doesn't seem to be the case this year. Maryland could maybe keep it to 10-15...Notre Dame would get destroyed as their inside game is very weak. And, we all know what happened to Kansas the last time they played Kentucky.
    Last edited by Xville; 03-16-2015 at 09:48 AM.