Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    As for Dayton itself, they WOULD have missed the tournament had UConn won today at home. Let that sink in for a moment.

Xavier dodged a MAJOR bullet by not playing them in Columbus and ultimately winding up in Villanova's region. I am very happy with this draw, all things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    They actually aren't in the tournament yet - gotta feed the PIG @ Udump.
    What does feed the pig mean?
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    As for Dayton itself, they WOULD have missed the tournament had UConn won today at home. Let that sink in for a moment.

Xavier dodged a MAJOR bullet by not playing them in Columbus and ultimately winding up in Villanova's region. I am very happy with this draw, all things considered.
    Are you saying we should have been scared to play UD? They are well coached but nobody over 6'6 is going to kill you come tourney time. It's one thing to win in the A10 against fordham but now they have to beat real teams. If Dayton pulls off the unthinkable and wins 3 games then Archie might be the best coach ever in the history of civilization.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    Are you saying we should have been scared to play UD? They are well coached but nobody over 6'6 is going to kill you come tourney time. It's one thing to win in the A10 against fordham but now they have to beat real teams. If Dayton pulls off the unthinkable and wins 3 games then Archie might be the best coach ever in the history of civilization.
    No. What he's saying is that had we been forced to play Dayton in Columbus, it would have meant meeting up with Villanova again (because we would, as always, end dayton's hopes and dreams of NCAA victory. Villanova is who we should be terrified to play again this year. They own us.
    Xavier Basketball: We're Not Scared of Anyone!
    Zip Em Up!

Quote Originally Posted by LadyMuskie View Post
    No. What he's saying is that had we been forced to play Dayton in Columbus, it would have meant meeting up with Villanova again (because we would, as always, end dayton's hopes and dreams of NCAA victory. Villanova is who we should be terrified to play again this year. They own us.

I'd love to argue against that, but I can't with a straight face. If anything, I'd like a shot at a different number 1 seed if need be. Next year will be a new story, enough of Nova, and all the best to them! Go Big East!

Dayton!!!!!!!!!!

If Dayton pulls off the unthinkable and wins 3 games then Archie might be the best coach ever in the history of civilization.
    I expect Archie to get serious offers to leave UD after their season is over. Not sure if there will be a job worth leaving for, but the offers will be there. Have to admit he's done a hell of a job up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Freshman
    http://cincinnatireds.blog.daytondai...o-take-a-hike/

Didn't see this posted anywhere but is the city of Dayton seriously in the midst of the Purge?? Like seriously, you think since you host the shitty last teams in every year (yes, last year was bad) that you DESERVE a spot in the field of 64?? The DDN went from absolute garbage to Onion level worthy, this has to be satirical

At least things don't change. They are actually incredulous over the fact that they're the last team in. I think they think they played tough teams this year. So much for data and facts.
    X A V I E R

What does feed the pig mean?
    PlayInGame PIG
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    PlayInGame PIG
    That's good. Referring to cheerleaders would be OOB (out of bounds).