Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Macura

We need him out there. BYU goes small. We need speed and defense to harass their smaller guards. Their top minute guys are all 6'6 and shorter. They are a matchup problem for us. They shoot well but like us don't play fantastic defense. This could get interesting if they beat Ole Miss which I think they will.

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    We need him out there. BYU goes small. We need speed and defense to harass their smaller guards. Their top minute guys are all 6'6 and shorter. They are a matchup problem for us. They shoot well but like us don't play fantastic defense. This could get interesting if they beat Ole Miss which I think they will.
    To be honest I do not see BYU beating Ole Miss. I am still trying to figure out how they made the tournament. outside of Gonzaga they have top 100 wins over Umass, Stanford and St. Mary's. They have three sub 100 loses. I see Ole Mass athletic guards killing them.

Same said about Ole Miss, they absolutely stumbled in like some stumble out of Dana's. The bubble was very soft this year. That said, teams like BYU can can light up spot shooting already have a good chance when they are hot. Their defense is where things get exciting for them.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    To be honest I do not see BYU beating Ole Miss. I am still trying to figure out how they made the tournament. outside of Gonzaga they have top 100 wins over Umass, Stanford and St. Mary's. They have three sub 100 loses. I see Ole Mass athletic guards killing them.

Same said about Ole Miss, they absolutely stumbled in like some stumble out of Dana's. The bubble was very soft this year. That said, teams like BYU can can light up spot shooting already have a good chance when they are hot. Their defense is where things get exciting for them.
    They still had as many top 100 wins in the last month as BYU did all year. Maybe the stumble would not be quite as steep had Ole Miss been in WCC instead of SEC. Even though SeC is not super strong, it's still much stronger than WCC top to bottom.

@slrussell 35s36 seconds ago
    Macura seems to be moving just fine. Shooting threes now. #Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by THRILLHOUSE View Post
    @slrussell 35s36 seconds ago
    Macura seems to be moving just fine. Shooting threes now. #Xavier

My Kansas alumnus and broadcaster friend is there now. I asked him to take a look at him. He just let me know that JP is looking pretty solid. Hopefully all is well.
    X A V I E R

Making any of those threes?

I love it when he drains a few early like in the Butler game.

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    My Kansas alumnus and broadcaster friend is there now. I asked him to take a look at him. He just let me know that JP is looking pretty solid. Hopefully all is well.

Making any of those threes?

I love it when he drains a few early like in the Butler game.
    Nope...not so much:

@FOX19Jeremy 12m12 minutes ago
    JP Macura moving around fine, but can't seem to find the stroke and very audibly frustrated. #Xavier

Supporting Member
    It doesn't even look like its wrapped unless it is pretty far down....thats pretty crazy.

All-Conference
    Injured ankles wreak havoc on your stroke, especially if not completely healed yet. It's tough to find your rhythm when it hurts every time you flex your feet on your jump-shot. Take about 5 Advil before the game JP.