View Poll Results: Who was the ballziest performer in our 3/12 matchup against Butler?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dee Davis

11 29.73%
  • Myles Davis

4 10.81%
  • Matt Stainbrook

2 5.41%
  • Other (please tell why in the thread)

20 54.05%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Junior

Honorary Steel Ballz Award - Butler

I'm almost too tired to post this, living on adrenaline right now. Pick your Steel Ballz performer for our gritty quarter-final win against Butler in the Big East Tournament.

I had a really hard time picking candidates for this one. (I intentionally cut the list off at three.) It seems like everyone stepped up at one point or another. In fact, 5 players scored in double digits, so all around good game. The three listed are the three with the most total points.

Also this poll will only be open for 24 hours, so get your vote in.

Candidates:

Dee Davis - 13 points on 5/10 shooting (2/3 from 3, 1/1 from the line), 3 rebounds, an assist, and a block(!). He also had the huge three to close out the end of the first half and the converted and-one to start overtime.

Myles Davis - 13 points on 4/10 shooting (1/5 from 3, 4/4 from the line), 2 rebounds and 2 assists. Myles had the follow and layup to put us up 5 in overtime and as always, automatic free throw shooting.

Matt Stainbrook - 13 points on 5/8 shooting (3/4 from the line), 10 rebounds, an 4 assist, and a block.

Other - Jalen Reynolds finished with 12 points and 6 boards. It's a shame he fouled out, Butler had no answer for him. Trevon had 11 points, 6 boards, 2 assists, and 2 steals. He hit the three to tie the game and seemed to get all the hustle plays and boards at the end. Remy hounded Dunham. Farr was battling on the boards. And Austin once again played some nice minutes. You could almost pick anyone. Except maybe Macura. But as always, if you choose "other" please let us know who you picked in the thread.

Remember, don't let the stats alone dictate your choice. Consider who had the game most worthy of Tu's Steel Ballz.

All stats from goxavier.com.
    zip em up

Yes!

Junior
    My vote is for Trevon. He was everywhere he needed to be at the end. From the three, to the rebounds, to battling Barlow to tip that ball for Myles' layup. Tre was gorilla glue down the stretch.
    zip em up

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Trevon Freaking Bluiett!

Big 3 to tie but then was amazing on the boards either getting big rebounds or fighting to draw a foul or keep the ball alive. And big defensive rebounds. He was my MVP and steel ballz award winner. Money!
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Team effort on this one, but I will highlight two players: Dee & Trevon

Dee kept this team together and made a number of huge plays when X really needed them.

Same can be said for Trevon, big shots and FTs at the end, and played great D on whoever he was guarding. Growing up right before our eyes.

Trevon. That three was huge, but just as big was that rebound and that scrappy tip to Myles for his layup.

Honorary mention to Dee for the big plays he made and for how he kept the team together.
    Last edited by XUFan09; 03-12-2015 at 11:47 PM.

Trevon. Frustrated Jones, got boards, and hit some big shots.

It is Mr. Trevon Bluiett (for all the reasons already stated above).

Park Tudor, bitches.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Junior
    I immediately regret not including Trevon in the poll as one of the three named choices...
    zip em up

Trevon's hustle/limbo loose ball play getting the ball back to Myles for the follow up layup was a my favorite playof the game. It was nice to see US keep the ball alive for an offensive rebound with sheer hustle and grit.