Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    FWIW, Mack is denying the rumor as well:

@FOX19Joe 4m4 minutes ago
    Asked Chris Mack if Brandon Randolph had asked for his release to transfer. Chris said "no."

Randolph Transferring

Quote Originally Posted by spursy View Post
    God I hope this is Brandon himself.
    Based on the writing, I hope not.

Sorry I am just jaded for having ever spent money on that site. But he has to get attention somehow and breaking stories, true or not, is the best way to get that done.
    You have no idea what you're talking about. People don't pay for sites that report inaccurate information.

Quote Originally Posted by THRILLHOUSE View Post
    FWIW, Mack is denying the rumor as well:

@FOX19Joe 4m4 minutes ago
    Asked Chris Mack if Brandon Randolph had asked for his release to transfer. Chris said "no."
    Nothing else Mack can really say at this point even if he knows Randolph is transferring. I fully believe that he will transfer.
    "This [basketball] is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn't have spectators." - Dick Vertleib

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    You have no idea what you're talking about. People don't pay for sites that report inaccurate information.
    Players/Families/Coaches also don't trust someone who tweets out inaccurate information or breaks something before it is supposed to be broken. Gershon did nothing but hurt himself today by tweeting anything.

Freshman

Randolph Transferring

Okay it isn't true right now. But it is a viable rumor which is exactly why people pay for those sites, hoping they will get the inside scoop (which then shows up for free on twitter and message boards within hours) or never materializes.

Randolph Transferring

Quote Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
    The thing is, those you teams you mentioned who don't have true points typically aren't very good.

Look at the top 25.

UK has Ulis.
    Duke has Tyus Jones
    Virginia has Perantes (sp?)
    Villanova has Arcidiacano
    Arizona has McConnell
    Wisconsin has Jordan Taylor
    Gonzaga has Pangos
    Kansas has Frank Mason
    ND has demetrius jackson
    Wichita has Van Vleet
    Iowa State has Monte Morris
    Louisville has Q Snider
    Oklahoma has Woodard
    Baylor has Kenny Chery
    Utah has Delon Wright
    WVU has Staten
    UNC has Paige
    SMU has Nic Moore
    Arkansas has Madden
    Butler has Barlow
    Georgetown has Smith-Rivera

The only team in the top 25 that doesn't really have a true point is Maryland. They use both Dez and Trimble in that role.

You are correct that there are a lot of college teams that don't have a true point. There just aren't a lot of good ones that don't.

Look I'd love it if Sumner ended up being able to run the point here. I just think it's a lot more likely he ends up playing off the ball.
    Good point, though some of those guys actually are combos doing a good job at the point guard position. It bears mentioning that not all combo guards are created equal. DSR, for example, is on the good side of the equation, and Sumner is a combo guard along those lines (though relying more on athleticism than savvy). The other side of that divide is guys like Mark Lyons, who fits your description of a combo guard pretty well, and I'd put Randolph in that grouping.

Heck, while we're at it, Tu was a combo guard, but he was on the good side of that divide.

Quote Originally Posted by sgarcia View Post
    Nothing else Mack can really say at this point even if he knows Randolph is transferring. I fully believe that he will transfer.
    What he said.
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

Okay it isn't true right now. But it is a viable rumor which is exactly why people pay for those sites, hoping they will get the inside scoop (which then shows up for free on twitter and message boards within hours) or never materializes.
    Again, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Freshman

Randolph Transferring

Again, you have no idea what you're talking about.
    Strong argument.