Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Randolph Transferring

Quote Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
    So you're saying he's a pure point?

Because both the 2 and 3 are wings.
    He's a combo guard.

It's a shame about Randolph. He too was a combo guard, but he never was strong enough in terms of PG skills to earn minutes there. He was good enough at the 2 to play, but there is a logjam at that position with Myles, Macura, and Remy.

The timing is odd, though.

Freshman
    Not surprised, just disappointed. Mack showed him the door this season. Can't help but feel he is being more pushed out than opting out.

So will Brandon play this season in case X needs him?
    Next year we have LArry and Sumner(who will be tested).

Supporting Member
    I wish Brandon well and hope he finds a landing place a little bit better suited for him. It seemed to be really tough on him being that far away from home along with not really being able to crack the rotation. I think he kind of saw the writing on the wall with Austin getting his minutes, and Sumner coming off his redshirt year. It sucks, but sometimes things just don't work out the way you want them to. I think this is best for both him and X.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XUFan09 View Post
    He's a combo guard.

It's a shame about Randolph. He too was a combo guard, but he never was strong enough in terms of PG skills to earn minutes there. He was good enough at the 2 to play, but there is a logjam at that position with Myles, Macura, and Remy.

The timing is odd, though.
    Yeah, in my experience guys who get the combo guard label are much more likely to end up playing off the ball in college.

Typically when a guy is labeled a combo guard it means he has good enough handles to play the 1, but lacks the feel and/or passing ability required to play there. It also typically means he struggles to shoot from the outside (or else he'd be labeled a SG).

I would love to see Sumner be a point here because I love the size and athleticism he brings, but I have my concerns.

I think our pursuit of Carter says a lot about where the staff feels Sumner will fit in.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by spursy View Post
    Not surprised, just disappointed. Mack showed him the door this season. Can't help but feel he is being more pushed out than opting out.
    He had his opportunities. Averaged 10 MPG.....

All-Conference
    Even if he plays out the season, how can you put him in a game after this is announced?

That is nothing but conjecture on your part. I guess you're entitled to offer that that is how you feel, but you can't possibly know the details behind this outcome. It's just as true as what else has been posted here: injuries and other personnel, coupled with being far away from home with no real playing time in sight caused him to evaluate the appropriateness of his match with Xavier. Perhaps it was that, rather than some kind of sadistic maneuvering by Chris to push him out.
    X A V I E R

Supporting Member
    That's plain conjecture at this point. Also, if that is the case yes it sucks but 1.) this is div 1 high conference basketball not the YMCA and 2.) he had his chances both in practice and in games to show he could handle it.

Mack is being paid a lot of money, and sometimes with his job, he has to make some tough decisions. It sucks to have to do that, but that's life.
    Last edited by Xville; 03-10-2015 at 01:14 PM.

Freshman
    He just tweeted that he is staying at xavier.