Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Best seed/worst seed

How big could it swing if we win the BET versus losing to Butler? A lot of external influences are still to be played out, but could we be anywhere from a 10 to a 6?

Thoughts?

Lose to butler- 10/9

Lose in the semis- 8/7

Lose in the finals- 7/6

Win the tourney- 6
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

I agree, although I don't see us getting a 9 if we los to Butler and finish 19-13. 10 is most likely or maybe even an 11. I agree with the rest of those seedings though assuming we play the teams that are expected to win in later rounds.

Best seed/worst seed

Last night on channel 12 there was a suggestion that we might want to throw the Butler game to avoid the 8/9 seed.

I'm never in favor of throwing games. Just ask the badminton fans.
    - David Bowers ('95)

All-Conference
    Regardless of what happens, we will be no higher than a 7, and no lower than a 11. Analysis complete.

Best seed/worst seed

Agreed. I don't think you see major seed movement because of tourney results.

Sophomore
    I can see XU getting as high as a 6 seed with wins over Butler and Georgetown and a loss in the finals to Villanova.

I care more about match ups than seeding. I would love for XU to be paired with OSU in the first round in the 7/10 game with a shot to play Gonzaga.

Supporting Member
    i think if we win the whole thing, beating Butler, Georgetown and Nova in the process, I could see us jump to a 6...other than happening, I don't think one or two wins moves us all that much...it would be nice to avoid the 8/9 but if it happens, it happens.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    I never want either the 8 or 9 seed. Historically (I think), we have our most damage in the tourney out of the 3/6/11 seed spot. And I would rather be an 11 than a 7 frankly. Avoiding the 1 or 2 seeds until the second weekend is what you want to have happen IMHO.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    I never want either the 8 or 9 seed. Historically (I think), we have our most damage in the tourney out of the 3/6/11 seed spot. And I would rather be an 11 than a 7 frankly. Avoiding the 1 or 2 seeds until the second weekend is what you want to have happen IMHO.
    If I'm not mistaken, we have an Elite Eight (2004) and a Sweet 16 (2012) out of the 7/10 slot.

Junior
    Lose to Butler-10/11
    Lose in Semi-8/9
    Lose in Finals 7/8
    Win 6/7 (six if we beat three ranked teams in doing so)