Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by THRILLHOUSE View Post
    A vine of the no-call on Abel - https://vine.co/v/OQPXJz7jp2B

Just when I think I'm about to move on from this loss, I have to watch that. Insane that nothing was called there.
    I'm still scratching my head. How is that not a foul? In every circumstance, at every time in a game, when a defensive player is falling backward like that and he swats his arm across both arms of the offensive player who is in the process of shooting (yes, Remy was trying to do a layup)...that is a foul. It HAS to be called. Must be.

Hi. I'm bad decision Rob Lowe and I ref for the Big East

Quote Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
    I'm still scratching my head. How is that not a foul? In every circumstance, at every time in a game, when a defensive player is falling backward like that and he swats his arm across both arms of the offensive player who is in the process of shooting (yes, Remy was trying to do a layup)...that is a foul. It HAS to be called. Must be.
    Yup. Looks like a pretty easy call. Yet they missed it.

XAVIER vs ST JOHNS

Quote Originally Posted by XU Cowbell Kid View Post
    First off, let me say that I'm not blaming the refs. Xavier had their chances to win and missed them. That being said, this was incredibly frustrating. I especially hate when announcers say "it's good that the refs are letting the players decide the outcome here." When Remy got his arms clobbered, the St. John's player was deciding the outcome by fouling him. If Matt going to the floor was him being thrown, that is a player deciding the outcome by breaking the rules of the game. That is like saying "It's ok to cheat right now because this is a really close game!" The rules are the rules. If something is a foul with 10 minutes left, it's a foul with 10 seconds left. I absolutely despise when fouls change during the course of a game. Call it tight, call it loose, but be freaking consistent.
    Amen!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides

The
    Quote Originally Posted by XU Cowbell Kid View Post
    First off, let me say that I'm not blaming the refs. Xavier had their chances to win and missed them. That being said, this was incredibly frustrating. I especially hate when announcers say "it's good that the refs are letting the players decide the outcome here." When Remy got his arms clobbered, the St. John's player was deciding the outcome by fouling him. If Matt going to the floor was him being thrown, that is a player deciding the outcome by breaking the rules of the game. That is like saying "It's ok to cheat right now because this is a really close game!" The rules are the rules. If something is a foul with 10 minutes left, it's a foul with 10 seconds left. I absolutely despise when fouls change during the course of a game. Call it tight, call it loose, but be freaking consistent.
    I agree with this completely.

FWIW, my thoughts:

1. Overall, they forgot who they were playing - a very athletic team with quick hands; too many steals and blocks.

2. I like that they put up a fight. We had a chance to win this game at the end on their floor.

3. Not only were they athletic, but we played a senior laden team.

I am not going to let this one upset me. Frankly, I believe they will be jacked to beat Villanova at the CC.

Moving on, as in we are moving on to the NCAA tournament.
    X A V I E R

XAVIER vs ST JOHNS

Quote Originally Posted by XfansinKy View Post
    Did u see what the tatted up kid did to him when Dee was attempting to guard him? Nope Dee killed two runs X was on with turnovers. Choked from the line. Basically single handedly killed every run we were on except the one Austin helped orchestrate. Gotta have good PG play this time of year. Example: He got exposed in the first round game in Dayton while the avg PG for state was steady n consistent. Just watch how good we will be next year with him gone and Austin n Sumner rotating and hopefully Randolph subbing in too.
    What have you done for me lately is strong in these parts. Basically single-handily winning the Shootout was sooo last week.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides

Quote Originally Posted by SlimKibbles View Post
    What have you done for me lately is strong in these parts. Basically single-handily winning the Shootout was sooo last week.
    Amen. Why is it always Dee's fault? Where has Stainbrook been? Where was Myles tonight? What did JP do? Blame goes around. The only people on Xavier who I had no complaints about tonight were Remy and Larry. It's a team game and tonight they lost as a team.

Banned
    Will people stop saying refs please. Someone could say Remy bumped harrison on the steal so it's all relative. Like I said before if 2 seniors hit front ends it's different. If myles hits an open three it's different. If xavier doesn't go 11 minutes with only 2 points it's different. In reality what we saw was two decent teams fight out a game and St johns literally just made one more play. Season is far from over and xavier to me still controls their own destiny. Defend home court saturday and we are in so put this game behind you and come out blazing on saturday

Aw prairie S#$%. Tonight was a zebra colored speed bump made of TO's and missed FTs. Get better, beat Nova, beat CU. That's all there is to it.

LET'S GO X!
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)

I'm not blaming the refs. I'm calling them assholes.

There is a difference.