Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Chance of making the dance

This site says if we get to 19 wins we will have a 81% chance of dancing.
    http://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-bas...s/bracketology
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Sophomore
    I would agree. You never know, but you have to figure if we win one more we're in. I just hope we get it on Monday and don't wait until Creighton. Let's keep this rolling.

Sophomore
    And man, would I love to win that St. John's game. If we do I think it will help it us play confidently relaxed against Nova and give us our best chance to win.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    A 7 seed would be huge. Rather be a 10 or 11 (not play in tho) than an 8 or 9 seed.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Just avoiding the play-in game would make me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat View Post
    Just avoiding the play-in game would make me happy.
    Can't we get over the seeming need to call it a "play-in" game. The only reason teams are relegated to playing in the first round (even though they might be higher seeds than others) is because those "others" won their conference tournament in exceedingly low-rated leagues. Check the RPI's of most of the teams slotted into first-round games and they will likely be much better than those of teams coming out of the Southland, MAAC, MEAC, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by muskienick View Post
    Can't we get over the seeming need to call it a "play-in" game. The only reason teams are relegated to playing in the first round (even though they might be higher seeds than others) is because those "others" won their conference tournament in exceedingly low-rated leagues. Check the RPI's of most of the teams slotted into first-round games and they will likely be much better than those of teams coming out of the Southland, MAAC, MEAC, etc.
    I don't know Muskienick. Even though the NCAA wants to call it the Opening Round, it just doesn't feel that way. That means 60 teams get a bye in the first round. That's 88% of the field. So all labels aside, for me, the "real" first round of the tourney doesn't start until noon on Thursday. Heck, even all of the March Madness challenges allow brackets to be turned in all the way up to tip of the first Thursday game ... which indicates the main event hasn't really started yet even though eight teams played a game.

I do agree that many of the play-in teams are better than a lot of the automatic qualifiers. I am not here to argue against the value of the play-in round, I'm just not a proponent of calling it the first round.

Not that any of this matters. It's just a name ... a name that I don't want to see associated with XU this year!
    It's winning time.

All-Conference
    I don't care what they call it, it's a play-in game.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    I don't care, either, Drudy.

Nor am I worried.
    Warmly,
    "Mel"

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    $1.2 million says it's the Tournament.

By the way. Win 3 games and the chance is 100%.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell