View Poll Results: Who was the best performer in our 2/21 matchup against DePaul?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Myles Davis

29 63.04%
  • James Farr

14 30.43%
  • Jalen Reynolds

1 2.17%
  • Other (please tell why in the thread)

2 4.35%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Junior

Deez Nutz Award - Butler

In honor of Dee Davis's unanimous decision for the Steel Ballz award for his performance in the Shootout, this rendition has been retitled the "Deez Nutz" award. We will return to our regularly scheduled Steel Ballz next time. Pick your top performer for our thunderous win against Butler on 02/21.

Candidates:

Myles Davis - 18 points on 5/10 shooting (3/5 from 3, 5/7 from the line), 1 rebound. 4 steals, and 3 assists

James Farr - 8 points on 4/6 shooting (0/1 from 3), 11 rebounds and a block

Jalen Reynolds - 9 points on 4/5 shooting (1/2 from the line), 11 rebounds, 2 steals, and a block

Other - Trevon had another big game, JP had a couple lightning bolt plays, and Larry and O'Mara played some good minutes. If you select this option, please tell who your write-in is and why

Remember, don't let the stats alone dictate your choice. Consider who had the nuttiest game.

All stats from CBS Gametracker.
    zip em up

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    I'll go Myles. Not only 3 pointers but several nice tough drives to the bucket in the first half when the game was still in question. Farr had a nice game as well. two in a row for him.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

I went Farr. The last two games he has been huge and he almost single handedly extended the lead to get out of reach in a few minute stretch of the 2nd half today. Love to see that from him

O'Mara needs to work on his touch and he'll be fine.

I went with Blad.
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

Sophomore
    I went Farr. I thought the stretch when he had offensive boards and put-backs on multiple possessions really put the game out of reach. Tough to argue with any of these guys, though, unlike last game when Dee was a no-doubter.

Tough choice. Everyone had a solid game and played as a unit. I'll vote for Mack. He got the guys ready in the quick turnaround, and had a great game plan set up. Good game.
    Xavier Basketball: We're Not Scared of Anyone!
    Zip Em Up!

I went other, thinking it still belongs to Dee.
    OK, the game was pretty much in the sack, but at 4 minutes into the second half, an attempt to push the ball inside to Stain resulted in nothing and the ball found it's way back to Dee. Defense was spread real wide and he saw that he was one on one with Dunham, boom, drive to the lane and leaner off the glass goes in and Dunham picks up his 4th foul. I won't swear to it, but I just know Dee drove to draw that foul, he did, game over.

But Myles did have one hell of a game

Myles played his ass off. What a difference a year makes.
    2023 Sweet 16

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Myles played his ass off. What a difference a year makes.
    Remember how this board was ready to cut him last year?

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyy View Post
    Remember how this board was ready to cut him last year?
    Same story every year. Just a different player each year.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17