Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mohr5150 View Post
    It would be great if he could do this, but he has proven throughout the season that he isn't a stretch 4 because he doesn't consistently make outside shots. I would love for him to be that guy.
    I've thought for a while Mack too short of a leash on Farr. If he's going to a good stretch 4, which I think he can be, he's gotta play through some shooting slumps. Seems like every game he's sent to the bench after one bad shot. Let the kid improve!
    Mom and Papa told me "Son, you gotta go to school; only way to make the fam'ly proud."
    I paid no attention, left my books at home, rather play my music real loud.

Quote Originally Posted by OH.X.MI View Post
    I've thought for a while Mack too short of a leash on Farr. If he's going to a good stretch 4, which I think he can be, he's gotta play through some shooting slumps. Seems like every game he's sent to the bench after one bad shot. Let the kid improve!
    I don't know. I think matchups and other guys playing better have been the main reason why his playing time has gone down. Many games X has gone to a quicker lineup with more shooters. Also, James was in a slump of sorts and I recall his D not being up to par. Would love to see James play like he did yesterday and in the early part of the season.

I think Mack has given Farr an appropriate leash up to this point. James just wasn't producing. On either end. (Except on the boards -- he has always been stellar there.) I think the vast majority of his issues has been confidence. It's amazing what a great performance in a big game can do for that. I'm hoping yesterday is just what Farr needed to break out of his funk. If he plays like he did yesterday, it takes a ton of pressure off the rest of the guys -- and gives us yet another weapon who can't be ignored.

Sophomore
    We've seen how good he can be with confidence, so I hope this is a big step in the right direction for him. His defense was somewhat better last night (none of the bigs were good on that side) but what's most important is his stellar rebounding and getting that on the floor. If he plays with confidence on both ends and can give us some minutes, that's a huge improvement over O'Mara in there or going small (which has been a big defensive liability lately).

I also was a little confused with Reynolds play when he was in with Stainbrook. How many times did Stain get an advantageous 1-on-1 matchup, only to have Reynolds crowding the paint and forcing Matt into a bad situation?

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Farr's leash has seemed to be too long at times early in the season and the inexplicable short in a couple games where he was playing really well. I cant remember the two specific games now (I'd have to look back) but James played really well in the first halves of both shooting well with good rebound numbers and a couple blocks and then barely plays in the second half. I think Mack referenced in post game comments after one of them that James should have played more in the second half.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Farr's leash has seemed to be too long at times early in the season and the inexplicable short in a couple games where he was playing really well. I cant remember the two specific games now (I'd have to look back) but James played really well in the first halves of both shooting well with good rebound numbers and a couple blocks and then barely plays in the second half. I think Mack referenced in post game comments after one of them that James should have played more in the second half.
    The leash was much too short against Seton Hall on the road...and Coach even admitted it afterward.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    I think that's pretty fair. I was thinking at a more macro level, but at a micro level I agree there have been times when the leash was too short.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    The leash was much too short against Seton Hall on the road...and Coach even admitted it afterward.
    Agreed on that.

Farr's biggest problem is defense. His footwork leaves much to be desired. Even UC took advantage of him with the isolation on the in-bounds to to take the lead. His shooting could be better but you can tell from his free throws that his shot has been gone. I truly hope he gets his shooting back and improves the D. He has an NBA body and college freshman defensive skills. He's just never found the coordination to play against the BigE talent he typically winds up defending.
    Go Musketeers! Go Bombers!

James played great last night and was locked in when he got in there. The problem is he doesn't make those shots consistently enough to force Mack to stay in the game. He made a 3 last night but maybe he should stick to the elbow jumper. That looks like a much better shot for him. Also the running bank shot in the lane came out of nowhere!

I don't think Mack has had a choice honestly.. UC is a good matchup for James. I think he plays good post defense and was rebounding like a machine. Problem is there aren't a lot of teams in the BE that play 2 natural big guys like X can. Most teams are stretch 4's except for maybe Marquette and James has shown he can't be running around everywhere and stick with people. Unfortunate, but the truth. I think him and Jalen will be a monster duo next year.