Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post
    If you watch our pre game warm up, guys are just throwing the ball around to each other in a reckless "passing" motion. If one of those balls sails to the other side of the court and smacks an opponent in the face, it could start a brawl. I sure hope we have a reflection session on the dangerous on the court activity soon.
    Which reminds me - the student who shoots the half court shot at X games should totally just "shoot" the ball into the opponents huddle. Would be the definition of moxie.

Quote Originally Posted by NY44 View Post
    Another disaster? Are you referring to The Brawl? If so, Jalen bumping into someone isn't quite comparable to anything Mark Lyons would do in any given game, or Tu Holloway running passed the UC bench and telling them he owns the city. I don't think these players are as temperamental as you're making them out to be.
    No, the brawl and overreaction was just stupid. What I am concerned about is Jalen getting a tech in a close game that costs us 2 shots and the ball, and/or Reynolds fouling out or being ejected and not on the court. Or he gets a Flagrant 2 and gets suspended. That crap will cost us potentially for our postseason chances. I love his fire just get some of these little things under control and he will really flourish. I loved Tu an Mark and if anything this team needs more of that, but for the most part Tu and Mark were smart about it and Jalen does dumb stuff all the time.

Watch the Xavier-Marquette game and how he just runs into people or bumps him and the Marquette players go complaining to the officials about it. We get the wrong officiating crew and they start calling that and Jalen isn't on the floor to help us out and that is the biggest concern I have. For us to realize our potential, we need Jalen on the court and playing to his potential.

Quote Originally Posted by MuskiePimp23 View Post
    No, the brawl and overreaction was just stupid. What I am concerned about is Jalen getting a tech in a close game that costs us 2 shots and the ball, and/or Reynolds fouling out or being ejected and not on the court. Or he gets a Flagrant 2 and gets suspended. That crap will cost us potentially for our postseason chances. I love his fire just get some of these little things under control and he will really flourish. I loved Tu an Mark and if anything this team needs more of that, but for the most part Tu and Mark were smart about it and Jalen does dumb stuff all the time.

Watch the Xavier-Marquette game and how he just runs into people or bumps him and the Marquette players go complaining to the officials about it. We get the wrong officiating crew and they start calling that and Jalen isn't on the floor to help us out and that is the biggest concern I have. For us to realize our potential, we need Jalen on the court and playing to his potential.
    On top of that, look at the time where they were complaining and how many cheap fouls were called on us when we were on defense immediately after.

Jalen has the ability to dominate a game on both ends. This other stuff is a way he thinks he can get in the head of his opponent. You know who could get in the head of his opponents? David Freakin' West. And he did it by dropping 47 and 18. Jalen can be and is almost pretty much a destructive force on defense, and like I said, his offensive game is nice. If he focuses on that, then bumping people constantly will be a thing of the past.

It's up to him really. When opponents start to complain, it will easily turn into fouls because refs are human and will want to right a perceived wrong.
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

Junior
    Macura is gonna get T-ed one of these days. Watch him with what I call a drive by shove...he goes past some one , or after a basket, just gives a guy a shove. I swear, he's the reincarnation of Butler's Matt Howard. Cheap stuff that goes unnoticed, but gets under the opponents skin. Jalen should take lessons from JP. I like em both, but Jalen need to be smarter about it.

JP plays with some fire and chippyness for sure. He may get punted into the stands but will be right back out in their faces. The kid plays hard and to the best of his current abilities. Hard to criticize that desire. I think he has come a long way already and will be a future star once he gets down the realities of
    playing competitively on both sides of the ball in the BE.
    2023 Sweet 16

I think JP got t'd up in the SH game, where they were giving them out like it was couples night or something.
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

Bump. Our worst fears come to naught. If this is the new Jalen, I'm drinking the kool-aid.

He refused to take the taunting, kept his cool. Monster if he just plays the game.
    It's a still great day to be a Muskie, but a sad day to be a supporting member of this board.

That Double T tonight was BoolSheet!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Jalen Reynolds Fouls

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    That Double T tonight was BoolSheet!
    It really was. Both Jalen and the UC guy (Ellis?) looked at the ref as if to say "Seriously?"

Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Loves me some Jalen Reynolds!
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"