Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I love Jalen's fire. When it comes to a guy who is as tough nosed and fiery as Jalen, he's going to get some technicals. That I have no problem with. There is a limit though, and he's dangerously close. He's not far from getting tossed from a game for taking it too far. Obviously it cannot get to that point. To be fair, I'd say at least 3 of his technicals were double techs, so I don't see those as being as bad. Rasheed Wallace was a million times worse than Jalen and he still was a great player that overall contributed very positively for his teams. Jalen is still young and he'll tone it down over time. He's never played as many minutes in as many intense games. The fire we saw from him in the Providence game is well worth trading for a tech now and then.

Jalen Reynolds WTF

What's the over/under on how long it takes him to get T'd up at the Shootout, and if he'll get ejected? I'm going with 26 minutes and yes.

He really needs to get better control of his emotions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by sgarcia View Post
    That was his 7th T of the year. The heartfelt message should've come after the 2nd T of the year. If the message was given several weeks ago and Reynolds is still getting T'd up repeatedly then it is a serious problem that will cost us at some point.
    You think it didn't? I said this on another board before concerning his personal foul rate, but Jalen's gonna Jalen, for good or bad. Hopefully the bad part can be tempered more as his career develops.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    What's the over/under on how long it takes him to get T'd up at the Shootout, and if he'll get ejected? I'm going with 26 minutes and yes.

He might get it during pre game warmups.UC fans will be all over him.

Sophomore
    I don't have an issue with a guy getting one every now and again, but I didn't realize he had quite that many.

7 techs in 25 games is a pretty fair amount especially considering I don't remember him getting many (any?) during the early portion of the schedule.

That's more than one tech every four games and if what my feeling is about them being bunched together in the latter portion of the season is true than it is even more than that.

It hasn't been an issue because of our front court depth, but with Matt seemingly hurting it could be one if he manages to get ejected.

It will certainly be something to keep an eye on going into next year as we'll need him on the court for 30+ a night next season.

He's received a technical in four out of the last six games.

I just hope that when Mack was having words with Jalen on the bench after the incident he was able to get through to him about the difference between showing toughness and showing stupidity. One wins games. One loses games.

Hoping the talk was something like, "These technicals are not good for you and they are killing the team. I love your energy but from now on you've gotta promise me you won't do the following: push a player, tug at a player, swing at a player, throw a player to the ground, touch a player on their head, stand over and taunt a player, kick a player, spit on a player, or give an unsuspecting player a wet willy. Other than that, keep doing what you are doing."
    Last edited by IM4X; 02-11-2015 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post

I already told my UC cousin Jalen will be tossed, he'll get one for hanging on the rim and one for shoving and jawing.
    I have a podcast. Sometimes we talk about Xavier: You. Me. Cincy.
    I put the X in Texas. @fleckd.

Sophomore
    Absolutely NO way we make it out of there with no techs. I'm sure Jalen and JP each have one.

Jalen doesn't even really talk smack, he's just such an emotional player that it frustrates others. JP on the other hand talks a ton.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XUOHTX View Post
    I already told my UC cousin Jalen will be tossed, he'll get one for hanging on the rim and one for shoving and jawing.
    I would parlay that bet with that at least one of the T's comes because an incident that J.P. starts.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack