Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859

Thread: Bubble Watch

Quote Originally Posted by XUFan09 View Post
    Dan Gavitt being interviewed right now. He says the "in consideration" board has 14 teams left, with 5 still to be selected. Also, the differential between bubble teams is smaller this year, making it more difficult, even if there are fewer teams in consideration than normal. Noteworthy for Xavier, he also emphasized the minor differential in teams falling on lines 3 all the way down to 9, making seeding very difficult.

Finally, he's confident in UK as the overall number 1, even if they lose tomorrow (no surprise there).
    Did he mention anything in particular that this year's committee is emphasizing - RPI, road record, KenPom, etc.?

Bubble Watch

Quote Originally Posted by XUOWNSUC View Post
    Did he mention anything in particular that this year's committee is emphasizing - RPI, road record, KenPom, etc.?
    Unfortunately nothing like that.

Bubble Watch

Quote Originally Posted by XUFan09 View Post
    Okay, time to root against teams again. Remember, three of the projected 6 seeds (all Big East teams) are all out at this point:

1:30 - VCU vs. #24 Davidson. Just in case they aren't being overseeded. We don't want them to pick up a win against a ranked team. After Xavier picked up two big wins, I don't think Davidson is a threat anymore.
    3:00 - SMU vs. UConn. I know I said that it wouldn't be a bad loss, but there is a chance that both losing would lead to Xavier finishing ahead.
    3:25 - Michigan State vs. #8 Maryland. I'm worried that if both teams win or both teams lose, MSU will still finish ahead. If only one of them wins today, that team is probably higher on the S-curve.
    6:00 - San Diego State vs. Wyoming. If SDSU loses, even if Xavier loses, I think Xavier finishes ahead. If they win and Xavier loses, though, the opposite might be true.
    11:00 - Oregon vs. #5 Arizona. I think Xavier finishes ahead if both teams win or both lose. If Oregon wins and Xavier loses, though, the opposite might be true.

With a win, I think Xavier is a 6 seed, and with a loss, I think they are a 7 seed. However, if a number of these teams win, that might end up bumping Xavier a seed lower, to a 7 or an 8 seed, respectively.

Additional note: Root against Wisconsin, who is down 5 right now to Purdue. It increases the chances that Villanova gets the 1 seed.
    I don't know why I had SMU vs. UConn. SMU beat Temple, and UConn just came back to beat Tulsa.

Bad day for us. VCU, SMU, and Michigan State all won. San Diego State in a close game with Wyoming.