Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Bubble Watch

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    All ESPN cares about is their coveted BPI, that NOBODY follows.
    And we're 22 in BPI.
    I like that all these computer rankings have us in a consistent range, can they ALL be wrong ?
    So every unbiased metric has us between a 5-7 seed; yet all the bracketologists have us in the 10-11 range.

I like how Oklahoma should be in with a 24 RPI and 18 SOS, that includes a loss to Creighton. But Butler is "let's pump the brakes, it's early."

Gotta love this stuff. Is there a memo in Bristol that says the BE cannot have more than one team in by the beginning of February?
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

I wish we weren't having this bubble discussion year after year. (I been on this board barely over a year)

Quote Originally Posted by XfansinKy View Post
    I wish we weren't having this bubble discussion year after year. (I been on this board barely over a year)

That article lists a total of 13 teams that "should be in". All others listed "still have work to do". So essentially the bubble consists of, well, everyone.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    That article lists a total of 13 teams that "should be in". All others listed "still have work to do". So essentially the bubble consists of, well, everyone.
    Yeah unless you are a 3 seed or better currently, everybody is "on the bubble" at this time for the purposes Bubble Watch. They only put teams in the lock category who could literally almost lose all the rest of their games and get in.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

I'm not sure where we'll end up, but in terms of the SOS, this is worth repeating:

Quote Originally Posted by Xpectations View Post
    Here are XU's Pomeroy Strength of Schedule (SOS)) rankings in order from strongest to weakest:
    #7 - Chris Mack (2015, to date)
    #24 - Chris Mack (2010)
    #29 - Chris Mack (2012)
    #32 - Thad Matta (2004)
    #49 - Chris Mack (2014)
    #54 - Sean Miller (2008)
    #56 - Sean Miller (2009)
    #71 - Chris Mack (2011)
    #73 - Chris Mack (2013)
    #83 - Thad Matta (2002)
    #83 - Thad Matta (2003)
    #98 - Sean Miller (2007)
    #132 - Sean Miller (2006)
    #144 - Sean Miller (2005)

So Coach Mack has the Top 3 SOS rankings in XU history (note: XU was in the A-10 during 2 of those seasons), 4 of the Top 5, and 6 of the Top 9.
    As to the concern and desire for a high profile OOC game, beginning next year and for 6 out of the next 8 years, Xavier will be matched up against a B10 team in the BE/B10 challenge. Maybe we'll get to play OlieO State.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by XfansinKy View Post
    You spelled the freshman's name about as well as I do math. I got 2 words for ya...
    Learn to spell.
    See, that's why my old SID calls himself "Always Learning".
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I'm not sure where we'll end up, but in terms of the SOS, this is worth repeating:

As to the concern and desire for a high profile OOC game, beginning next year and for 6 out of the next 8 years, Xavier will be matched up against a B10 team in the BE/B10 challenge. Maybe we'll get to play OlieO State.
    One can only hope, but Beak won't ever let that happen so long as he's at tOSU. If it ever does happen, I'd love for the game to be at the corner of Lane Avenue and Olentangy River Road.
    Pray the Rosary daily

Maybe ESPN will be driving the bus and he won't have any choice.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Games will be on FOX, right? Not an ESPN property.