Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Did we have a game sometime in the 2000's, maybe after West where our winning shot was off a tip off a missed free throw? I am not sure why that is so stuck in my mind? I wanna say maybe against Wofford or a similar team? Am I crazy or anyone know what I might be talking about?
    Jamel tipped it in to send it to overtime where we won.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Did we have a game sometime in the 2000's, maybe after West where our winning shot was off a tip off a missed free throw? I am not sure why that is so stuck in my mind? I wanna say maybe against Wofford or a similar team? Am I crazy or anyone know what I might be talking about?
    Wofford. We REALLY lucked out on that one.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    Jamel tipped it in to send it to overtime where we won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Wofford. We REALLY lucked out on that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by PMI View Post
    If memory serves me, something along these lines happened (I want to say either Wofford or Western Michigan when they had Stainbrook) back in Mack's second or third year, early on in the season. Then of course there was the David West tip in against GW with a fraction of a second left.
    Yeah I thought it was against Wofford, thanks. I think at that time too my buddy's brother was on Wofford, a St. X grad.

Jeez....I must be getting old, that wasnt that long ago. Cant believe I couldnt think of it.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw4bdreXQ80

I know most people will remember this game, but how many people remember the mascot taunting a dump player? Funny stuff!
    BTW, if anyone has this game archived... PM me!

A DFW highlight reel!
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Watching a lot of these old games makes you appreciate that Dedrick Finn was a pretty damn good player...until his senior year.

Quote Originally Posted by xufan2020 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw4bdreXQ80

I know most people will remember this game, but how many people remember the mascot taunting a dump player? Funny stuff!
    BTW, if anyone has this game archived... PM me!
    During one of my years in the student section in an XU vs UD slugfest, I witnessed the D'Artagnan mascot taunting Keith Waleskowski's dad, who was sitting behind the UD bench. Papa Waleskowski couldn't take it for very long, so he stood up, started screaming at the mascot, then flipped him off in front of the world. Mrs. Waleskowski was so embarrassed, she pulled down her husband, and scolded him in front of everyone. Domestic matters in public are hilarious.

If anyone has game tape of that, I will send you a blank check.
    Last edited by kyxu; 02-04-2015 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kyxu View Post
    During one of my years in the student section in an XU vs UD slugfest, I witnessed the D'Artagnan mascot taunting Keith Waleskowski's dad, who was sitting behind the UD bench. Papa Waleskowski couldn't take it for very long, so he stood up, started screaming at the mascot, then flipped him off in front of the world. Mrs. Waleskowski was so embarrassed, she pulled down her husband, and scolded him in front of everyone. Domestic matters in public are hilarious.

If anyone has game tape of that, I will send you a blank check.
    Waleskowski's Dad also used to show up on the Messageboards. I can't remember what his handle was.

Waleskowski was also recruited by X. I can't recall the actual reason why he didn't come- whether Skip pulled the scholly offer after he got David Freaking West to sign, or whether Waleskowski just reneged on Xavier after he saw DWest there, but I have a feeling it was the latter. We wound up with a late signee Kahlil Nixon, to fill the roster out in the same position, but Kahlil only played 5 games. Waleskowski's dad was a real trip.

In a twist of Irony, know where Keith Waleskowski works now after playing Euro ball for 9 years? Cintas......

Yep, Cintas. HA! Owned AGAIN!
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 02-04-2015 at 08:30 AM.

Sophomore
    Waleskowski's dad posted that if Dwest got drafted he would eat his hat. I went up to him in the stands after Dwest dropped 48 and 17 on his son and asked him if he was ready to eat his hat yet. He didn't answer.

Man, Mr. Waleskowski was one immature, embarrassing dude. I wish Pablo and his brother were still around to tell some of the stories about that guy...