Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Classic XU Game TRADE Thread

I started a similar thread (under Men's Basketball) like this in May of 2014 when I joined the board and selfishly made it about my personal wants. But I thought it would be a good idea to start a new one that had the idea of involving anybody on the board who wants to partake.

Got a favorite XU game(s) in your memory? Post it and see if anybody would be willing to set up some sort of trade in which you could get a copy of said game(s).

I would still like to see the Umass game again. To this day that is the loudest sporting event I've ever attended; and it's not even close.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Brown against Burton...Brown starting his dribble...He moves in, he pops up....SCOOORRREESSS!....LENNY BROWN!...XAVIER WINS IT!...THE MUSKIES WIN IT!...71-69...The UC Bearcats are #1 in the country, #2 in their OWN CITY! - Andy MacWilliams

Quote Originally Posted by Retire33 View Post
    I would still like to see the Umass game again. To this day that is the loudest sporting event I've ever attended; and it's not even close.

Ahhhh, the UMass game. I was nothing more than an embryo when that game took place, but my dad told me how epic of a game that was, even though X lost. Thanks for replying though, I personally do not have a copy of that game.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Retire33 View Post

I have no games to trade but I would love to see that game as well and the '99 crosstown shootout and I would also love to see the Creighton (West vs Korver) NYE game again too.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

1989 - Xavier 115 Loyola Marymount 113 in OT. 34 and 20 for Tyrone Hill and 24 and 24 for Derek Strong. It was just before Hank Gathers died. LMU went to the Elite 8 that year.

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    I have no games to trade but I would love to see that game as well and the '99 crosstown shootout and I would also love to see the Creighton (West vs Korver) NYE game again too.
    I actually think that the Creighton game was not actually broadcasted by a channel, maybe I'm wrong. There is this however, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDHIiMOg1SY

Quote Originally Posted by xufan2020 View Post
    I actually think that the Creighton game was not actually broadcasted by a channel, maybe I'm wrong. There is this however, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDHIiMOg1SY
    That was awesome, thanks for sharing. Korver was amazing, I think only 1 other guy took a shot in that 12 min clip. Luckly we had DFW. I was at that game, so awesome.

Love the guy at the end yelling "guard 25! guard 25!"
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

What was the game where David West tipped in a missed free throw at either the buzzer or with like very little time left to win the game? I think it was against a crappy team we should have beat bad. Anyone remember what I am talking about?

vs George Washington. Don't know exact year. West a junior or senior I believe.

peace.
    six foot four & a soph-O-more...

Quote Originally Posted by xufan2020 View Post
    It was not on tv. At least not on any channel we'd normally watch X on back then. Maybe it was broadcast locally in Omaha. I was stuck at a NYE party at my house while my parents, my aunt, and my uncle went to the game. Wasn't happy about missing the West-Korver matchup.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides