Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

UC game(Early thoughts watching them play)

As I watch them play UConn tonight, I do notice they play very good defense and their press is looking sharp.

It will be revenge for many of them as last year X destroyed them. Throw the records out for this rivalry game.

Me thinks it will be low scoring and a tough defensive game with los of fouls. Maybe a big game from Bluiett or Reynolds will surprise everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    As I watch them play UConn tonight, I do notice they play very good defense and their press is looking sharp.

It will be revenge for many of them as last year X destroyed them. Throw the records out for this rivalry game.

Me thinks it will be low scoring and a tough defensive game with los of fouls. Maybe a big game from Bluiett or Reynolds will surprise everyone.
    Don't know about revenge. "Killa", Rubles , Mbodj, Wright, Parker and Jackson are all gone. Thomas, Caupain and Sanders are basically the only guys that played last year...and just barely.

Look, they suck and they play in a crap league. Their "offense" is painful to watch and we don't have to worry much about them making a bunch of threes. They throw a lot of crap at the rim and try to score off steals and stick backs. If we don't turn the ball over and rebound respectably we win.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

UC game(Early thoughts watching them play)

Low scoring will not be good for us. That's playing to their strength. We need to keep it up tempo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

As someone who absolutely loves ncaa basketball, I cannot force myself to watch the end of the uc uconn game. Really bad basketball, just two teams trying to stop each other with no good offense at all.

I can't even think about that game yet. No way I watch that game on a Wednesday night.
    I will hope for good texts near the end of the game. I'm also hoping we do enough before that game so it just is about seeding.
    If we can get out of there with a win it will be a very good win in the eyes of the committee.

We're going into Clifton and we're going to kick their ass. Period. End of story.

Junior
    Our bigs will push theirs around pretty easily. If we continue to get better on defense it won't be too difficult, IMO. I think UCs only chance it to make it an extremely sloppy game.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Our bigs will push theirs around pretty easily. If we continue to get better on defense it won't be too difficult, IMO. I think UCs only chance it to make it an extremely sloppy game.
    Sloppy to me translates into a lot of fouls. How deep are the Bearkittens.
    X A V I E R

I watched tonights spectacle from the luxurious comfort of a luxury box at 5th 3rd arena,.

They seemed to do a good job keeping U Conn at bay, even if they lost a player to two Techs for Taunting.

I don't imagine its exactly going to be a cake walk.
    - David Bowers ('95)

Odds on Macura getting punched:

- by a UC player 10/1
    - by a UC coach 50/1
    - by a UC cheerleader 75/1
    - by Oscar Robertson 5/1
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."