Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Yeah agreed. I think winning though on the road @ Marquette and @Creighton pretty much guarantees it though on top of holding at home.
    I think we could probably lose both of those games and still get in, although we might be sweating a bit. Need to win one of those 2 to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by vee4xu View Post
    I suppose you're talking about me, since I made the original point. I may be lazy, but really am admittedly too cheap to ante up the money to pay for KenPom's full access. For the record, I look at KenPom everyday, but ain't gonna pay for the full service. So, I guess you can say I'm too lazy to get my wallet. Or too smart because people here can just tell me.
    Actually no it wasn't because I've spoken to numerous people that somehow think that our win over Missouri is better than our win over Stephen F. Austin. And I don't pay for the full service either but it's still pretty easy to see who is better than who considering he, ya know, ranks the teams on the main page.

Kenpom has X ranked 19th.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    I've spoken to numerous people that somehow think that our win over Missouri is better than our win over Stephen F. Austin.
    Wow, that's really bad. Stephen F. Austin's projected RPI is 50. Missouri's projected RPI is 199. Even if you factor in the wide variance in value that exists for home vs. road games, @Missouri doesn't come close to SFA at home.

I'm going to reiterate this as a separate post, just for emphasis:

The Selection Committee will count Stephen F. Austin as a good home win.

And Seton Hall, projected RPI 41, was only a somewhat better home win.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    Kenpom has X ranked 19th.
    I see that ud beat Fordham today and went from 34th in KenPom to 40th. Xavier lost to Seton Hall and stays at 19th. There's another big difference between the BE and A-10.
    Pray the Rosary daily

Quote Originally Posted by vee4xu View Post
    I see that ud beat Fordham today and went from 34th in KenPom to 40th. Xavier lost to Seton Hall and stays at 19th. There's another big difference between the BE and A-10.
    Yeah, it's tough to face a bunch of weak teams and beat them all by the expected margin. You win a close game against a crappy team and you look worse.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    Sean Miller's road record in the A-10 was 22-18. One year he was below .500, two years he was at .500, and 2 years he was above .500.
    Sorry, I'm not sure you are correct.

Here's Sean's A 10 record with the finish in the conference:

10-6 (2nd is the stupid West Division)
    8-8 7th
    13-3 1st
    14-2 1st
    12-4 1st

How does Sean have two years below .500 road record and 2 years above .500 road? Plus he played in a conference that had two fewer conference games.

Also, again it suggests the idea that we can't win a regular season title by losing more than 5 games.

Not being snarky here, seriously. What am I missing here? Did we play a completely uneven road/home schedule?

The year we went 8-8 we ran the A10 tournament and the year before we didn't dance.

I mean Sean's overall record sat at .71% winning percentage in the conference. That's pretty good.
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    His road record in A-10 play was 22-18; his home record in A-10 play was 35-5. Does that make sense to you?