Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

XAVIER vs SETON HALL

Quote Originally Posted by kyxu View Post
    I'm comfortable with Xavier's ability to defend Seton Hall. What concerns me is SH's ever-changing defense, which has stymied us in the past and led to poor shooting performances against the Pirates (which was both games last year). If we can hit some shots, we'll be fine.
    Xavier's offense is good enough and versatile enough that they should not care too much as to what defense is being run, "should" being the operative word. They need to just attack it, no matter what SH is running, which is what they did in the first game.

The key of course is that they make jump shots.

Quote Originally Posted by XUFan09 View Post
    The key of course is that they make jump shots.
    This is our concern, dude.

This team still has something to prove on the road. Was the road win a fluke(so to speak) or have they turned the corner?
    Balls of Steele!!

XAVIER vs SETON HALL

Quote Originally Posted by kyxu View Post
    This is our concern, dude.
    What did MOR say before the Georgetown game? The numbers are with us!

Seriously, though, I'm hopeful that some guys are coming back:

- Myles had a little slump in the beginning of January but since then has shot well, save a 1-6 performance vs. DePaul.
    - Trevon hit multiple threes for the first time since @DePaul
    - J.P. is on a mini-slump (1-9) in the last four games, but with his cockiness, I doubt it's mental but simply a law of averages.
    - Remy is on a mini-slump (1-8) the last three games but is a good shooter on his career.
    - Dee has been shooting poorly in conference but is a 37% shooter on his career.

Xavier doesn't need all of these guys to break out of their slumps, but the probability is that at least some of them will rather sooner than later.

Away from home you have to be good defensively. As far as I'm concerned that'll be the key for this team for the remainder of the season. If shots don't fall, oh well, maybe you get beat.

Madxster,

Not that it matters but Seton Hall is now 14-6 and beat Marquette on the road last night 80-70.

Also, the game is on Saturday. Not Tuesday.

Signed
    The Correction Police

I continue to be concerned with Sina in this game. I just don't want to see him start to rain in 3's.

By the way, I suspect that Jimmy Farr is about to break out of a slump. I also think that Mister Reynolds may have a very big game.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

I was at the DePaul game last Saturday with Bourbonman, Mrs. B-man and Mrs. Vee. When we were walking out, B-man says to us, Xavier should start games at 1 p.m. on Saturdays because they don't start playing until then. That comment, as I think about it, is really true. There's something about noon games that doesn't work well with X. So, maybe if they start at 1 p.m., then things will start better.

Playing this game on the road, against a team that can use a good win and starting at noon doesn't have me feeling warm and fuzzy. But, then I said X had about a 15% chance of winning at G-towns, so shows what I know.
    Pray the Rosary daily

Quote Originally Posted by vee4xu View Post
    I was at the DePaul game last Saturday with Bourbonman, Mrs. B-man and Mrs. Vee. When we were walking out, B-man says to us, Xavier should start games at 1 p.m. on Saturdays because they don't start playing until then. That comment, as I think about it, is really true. There's something about noon games that doesn't work well with X. So, maybe if they start at 1 p.m., then things will start better.

Playing this game on the road, against a team that can use a good win and starting at noon doesn't have me feeling warm and fuzzy. But, then I said X had about a 15% chance of winning at G-towns, so shows what I know.
    To be fair, though, noon games have plagued many Xavier teams not just this one. They're not my favorite either.
    Xavier Basketball: We're Not Scared of Anyone!
    Zip Em Up!

Agree, Lady. B-man was making the same point as you. Noon games are not XU's friend, for the most part. However, for some reason, it seems that they play worse at home noon games. Some nooners I've seen at Cintas, you'd swear the team got boozed up the night before, rolled out of bed at 11:30 a.m. and made it just in time for tipoff. Wait, that was me for my intramural games!
    Pray the Rosary daily