W Creighton 67-68
    L Butler 75-79
    L DePaul 60-64
    L Butler 77-57
    W Marquette 80-70

Saturday Jan. 31, 2015 12:00 p.m. ET in New Jersey
    Television: FS1
    Radio: 700 WLW
    Last edited by MADXSTER; 01-30-2015 at 08:34 PM.
    Balls of Steele!!

We started them on their current path to ruin. Let's push them a bit further towards the NIT this weekend.

MadX, don't scare me like that. I thought if I've got to wait until Tuesday to see another game, I'll go batsh$t crazy.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    It looks like SH will be back to full strength, because Whitehead will be back on Saturday. Here is the link: http://www.southorangejuice.com/2015...er-on-saturday. I say, bring 'em on.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

I'm not by any means thrilled that Whitehead will be back for our game, but I think there is a chance it could end up being a blessing in disguise for us. He is extremely talented, but he's a freshman who hasn't played in awhile who could potentially take a volume of tough shots. Seton Hall may have a bit of a difficult time meshing after having been without him for so long. That's what I'm hoping for at least. I think this is a very winnable game regardless, and it would be a huge one for us. For some reason, we never, ever, EVER play well in New Jersey. I'm counting on Myles Davis to change that on Saturday.

Supporting Member
    Before the Georgetown game, I felt really good about our chances..actually thought we were going to win. This one I again feel that we are going to win, but not nearly as confident. Either way, I will gladly take 1-1 on the road this week as long as the team promises to win at Marquette and at Creighton :)

XAVIER vs SETON HALL

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Before the Georgetown game, I felt really good about our chances..actually thought we were going to win. This one I again feel that we are going to win, but not nearly as confident. Either way, I will gladly take 1-1 on the road this week as long as the team promises to win at Marquette and at Creighton :)
    I would take that in a heartbeat. That would be an 11 or 12 win team, most likely.

Either this team is going to come out with the same intensity they did last game, or some out flat after the big win. They haven't been able to string together good wins consecutively yet this year, so this will tell if they've completely turned the corner or not. My feeling is that the guys will come to play.

And I agree that Whitehead playing might actually help with this being his first game back. He hasn't played with them in 2 months. With Remy on Gibbs, and if the guards continue to rebound at a high rate, I like our chances.

I was also feeling very good heading into the Georgetown game but that might have just been the alcohol. Either way, it will certainly be tough, but we can win this one. I will feel very, very encouraged about this team going forward if we come out focused and energetic from the tip. If we suffer through another slow start I will worry that we didn't carry the momentum from Tuesday over, and that we are in for another very difficult road game.

I'm comfortable with Xavier's ability to defend Seton Hall. What concerns me is SH's ever-changing defense, which has stymied us in the past and led to poor shooting performances against the Pirates (which was both games last year). If we can hit some shots, we'll be fine.