Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Opportunity

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar

Opportunity

We have 10 regular season games left. 7 of those 10 games are against teams with a top 50 RPI at this current moment. Of those 7 games 4 are at home. Of those 4 at home 3 are against top 25 RPI teams. We have a great opportunity to pick up some major wins. I love that we are in this conference. It obviously creates more challenges and will result in more losses than we have been used to but it give XU so many opportunities for quality wins.

Funny to think just days ago we had some arguing/implying that staying in the A10 would have been better for our program.

Lets get it done Muskies!
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Love it. Nova, Butler, and Providence all at home still for some payback games.. It's going to be a fun month.

Amen. I love life in the Big East. Screw the A10. One slip-up in that conference is a devastating blow.
    Your Friendly Neighborhood Pimp

Though our conference record (5-4) is not pretty, you could argue the toughest portion of our schedule (@ Nova, @ Providence, @ Georgetown, @ Butler) is behind us. Still, tremendous opportunities ahead for this team.

Love the Big East.

Junior
    Wow. Great information and X really has great chance at earning a decent seed.

Quote Originally Posted by pimpinthebox View Post
    Amen. I love life in the Big East. Screw the A10. One slip-up in that conference is a devastating blow.
    Today on local Washington radio, Tony Kornheiser mentioned the Xavier - GTown game. One of his staffers said that Xavier swept GTown. Kornheiser said that "Well, that means that Xavier is better than GTown" and it was not in a sarcastic manner...in fact he repeated it.

We never, NEVER got a mention for beating George Washington. In fact GW is barely on any radar screen here. Yeah, life in the 2nd ranked league beats life in the 7-8th ranked league.

Big Time.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Sophomore
    I listen to Kornheiser every day, he has actually brought up GW as being very good regularly this year. I'd say bball talk on that show this year has been %50 Maryland %30 Gtown %15 GW and %5 other.

Not a good night for basketball in the District, because GW also got drubbed...by MOR's favorite program.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Not a good night for basketball in the District, because GW also got drubbed...by MOR's favorite program.
    GW bball lost to ND football?
    Wait you mean OSU football? Or OSU bball?
    No, no you must mean Arizona basketball, that makes the most sense.

.......ahhhh I see it was VCU.

"I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Come on now, the wiz kids kept rolling in LA and John Wall was a board away from a triple double!