View Poll Results: Who was the best performer in our 1/27 matchup at Georgetown?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Myles Davis

44 83.02%
  • Matt Stainbrook

2 3.77%
  • Remy Abell

7 13.21%
  • Other (please tell why in the thread)

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Junior

Honorary Steel Ballz Award - Georgetown

Time for our second Honorary Steel Ballz Award in as many games. This edition is for the best performer in today's roadkill: Georgetown.

It was kind of hard to select the top three for tonight. Myles was a definite, Remy and Stain's defense were superlative, Dee continued his clean play, and Trevon kind of quietly filled out the stat sheet.

Candidates:

Myles Davis - 19 points on 6/9 shooting (3/5 from 3, 4/4 from the line), 5 assists and 3 rebounds

Matt Stainbrook - 12 points on 4/6 shooting (4/5 from the line), 4 rebounds, 2 assists, and defensive effort against Josh Smith

Remy Abell - 11 points on 3/7 shooting (5/6 from the line), 8 rebounds and defensive effort against D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera

Other - please include who ya got and why

Remember, don't let the stats alone dictate your choice. Consider their entire effect on the game.

All stats from goxavier.com.
    Last edited by BandAid; 01-27-2015 at 11:22 PM.
    zip em up

Myles. He has really seemed to turn the corner in all facets of his game the past few weeks. Obviously his scoring has increased, but also his 8 rebounds from Saturday and all his assists leading to points tonight rounded out nicely. Let me lastly mention his defense. Oh his defense. He was absolutely abysmal on defense a month or two ago. Tonight I saw a defensive intensity from him I honestly did not think he was capable of. His defense tonight was night and day from a few weeks ago. Although he made one questionable play off the top of my head when he went to cover DSR when remy fell down to leave his man wide open, aside from that he played great team defense. Defense was what had been most lacking in his game and most exciting to see from him tonight. If he can keep that defense up along with the D we get from remy, stainbrook, and dee, we will be very solid.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    This is easier than last time.

Myles. Heart of our team at this point in my opinion. Think he has the ability to carry us and has the most refuse to lose type mentality of anyone on our team.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

This was the best team defense I have seen Xavier play since the days of Stanley Burrell and Dante Jackson. But the most impressive stat to me was 14 assists on 18 made field goals. That my friends (and enemies for that matter) is teamwork. That and 90.5 percent free throw shooting in the second half when Georgetown was mounting comeback after comeback with their fans screaming and pressure the greatest. That was fine wine. Between them Myles and Dee had: 26 points, 11 assists, 1 ONE turnover, six rebounds and two steals and Dee had a second black eye to match the one he got last Saturday. Incidentally, where were the fouls on those two eye shots. The one was obvious Tuesday night and the other, an elbow, should have resulted in a Flagrant 2 and disqualification or at least Flagrant 1, a couple of shots and the ball. Oh well, can't have everything. Was also impressed by the oft maligned Chris Mack for his game management, substitutions, and overall coaching.

Normally I would go with Myles, because of his offensive output in the first half. Those shots, and his infectious attitude really whipped the team into a positive frenzy.
    BUT,,,, for the second time, Remy owned DSR, absolutely shut him down. No small feat, and this was a defensive victory
    Give it to Remy!

Myles, with the honorary mention going to Dee for getting knocked around yet not backing down.

Quote Originally Posted by XU-PA View Post
    Normally I would go with Myles, because of his offensive output in the first half. Those shots, and his infectious attitude really whipped the team into a positive frenzy.
    BUT,,,, for the second time, Remy owned DSR, absolutely shut him down. No small feat, and this was a defensive victory
    Give it to Remy!
    Agreed - Remy.

I would like to nominate the TEAM. Without Remy, Myles, Dee, Stain etc. doing what they did, we don't get this W.......Steel Balls for ALL!

If pressed I would have to give it to my man, Myles though!

No question a team win.

Myles for making shots early and giving the team confidence.
    Stain for containing Smith.
    Remy for containing Smith-Rivera
    Dee for overall floor Generalship.
    Positive contributions from the rest.

Yeah, baby!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by XUFan09 View Post
    Myles, with the honorary mention going to Dee for getting knocked around yet not backing down.
    Agreed.