Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Last 2 Games

Remember how bad Myles looked late last year? I think JP will be fine.
    Eat Donuts!

Dee Davis has been maddening at times through his career, and I have done more than my fair share of cursing his name the past 3+ years.

I love the way he is playing right now. It is great to see this team when they have enough guys playing well. It pains me to say this, but this team goes as Dee Davis goes. He is orchestrating some great offense right now.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    On the other hand, JP has been awful. Hope I can soon eat these words.
    He throws the ball away, but often after a steal. I know it's maddening, but there's something there I really like. He's not shooting as poorly as Myles finished last year, so that's a hopeful sign! I think we'll all be extremely happy in the end.

It's often said JP doesn't play D (and he certainly struggles in many ways), but he seems to get a lot of steals for a guy who doesn't play D. Good effort and his length helps, but he needs better anticipation that will come with time.
    Last edited by xu82; 01-27-2015 at 09:41 PM.

I am very happy that Remy will be back next year.
    Balls of Steele!!

I know it's DePaul at home, but he was ridiculously efficient at fairly high usage rate, okay at Providence at a lower usage rate, really efficient at a fairly high usage rate at Villanova, and very efficient at a moderate usage rate at DePaul and versus Seton Hall.

On the other side, I'm leaving out his defense (outside @Prov); both Georgetown games, the game at Butler, and the game versus Marquette; and his 1-9 shooting from deep in the four games since going 4-8 at Villanova. I wouldn't call his performance "awful." It's hit or miss.

Dee hasn't been forcing up bad shots or driving 1 on 3 like he has for most of his Xavier career. I think he has finally figured out his limitations and is playing within himself. He's been fantastic recently and has been a warrior getting in the trenches with the bigs for 50/50 balls.
    "This [basketball] is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn't have spectators." - Dick Vertleib

I like the energy that JP has out there, but he is making too many errors. I'm not too concerned about him, he'll learn.

Quote Originally Posted by sgarcia View Post
    Dee hasn't been forcing up bad shots or driving 1 on 3 like he has for most of his Xavier career. I think he has finally figured out his limitations and is playing within himself. He's been fantastic recently and has been a warrior getting in the trenches with the bigs for 50/50 balls.
    Yep. My biggest, and really my only, complaint about Dee were those drives he would force instead of bring it back out and setting the offense.

Overall, with the 4 guard offense the ball moves around so much better. Switching to that in the 2nd half of the DePaul game could be the changing moment of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by sgarcia View Post
    Dee hasn't been forcing up bad shots or driving 1 on 3 like he has for most of his Xavier career.
    He actually did that a number of times last night. Josh Smith actually tattooed the basketball on Dee's face on one of those drives. On another he tried to take it with no numbers on a fast break, and it turned into a missed shot on our end and an and 1 on the other end. Happily, none of that cost us yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by THRILLHOUSE View Post
    I like the energy that JP has out there, but he is making too many errors. I'm not too concerned about him, he'll learn.
    I like seeing Macura getting minutes. Sure, he's been making mistakes,but the tempo of the game changes with him out there. Controlled Havoc, is how I'd describe it.hes all over the place. Like a pest. He'll get his stroke back right when we need it