Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Road Win!

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    This is likely the best win Xavier could get the rest of the regular season. Bigger than a home win over Nova, IMO.
    You're right, actually. This is the equivalent of a top 10, maybe even top 5, win on a neutral court, while a potential win over Villanova would "only" be borderline top 25. Beating Villanova at home would actually be similar to beating Seton Hall or St. John's on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by XUOWNSUC View Post
    I credit Japer & DC Muskie for this win - way to bring it home!
    Don't forget PMI. That boy brought a crew tonight and got it done. Even MOR might have been present and he more than anybody deserves a road win after going to Nova and Providence.

I was there. It was epic. No luck, well coached, Dee Davis and Matt Stainbrook are such good passers. I'm am so relieved to see Blueitt and Myles make threes. We are now fully blooded members of the BigEast.
    It's a still great day to be a Muskie, but a sad day to be a supporting member of this board.

Roll call of known posters- BMoreX, DC Muskie, PMI (the Heel), Japer, Emp and Yours Truly.

Truly a Tour De Force of quality. No wonder the team performed well.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    This is likely the best win Xavier could get the rest of the regular season. Bigger than a home win over Nova, IMO.
    hUge, no doubt.
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)

Dat Defense
    I have a podcast. Sometimes we talk about Xavier: You. Me. Cincy.
    I put the X in Texas. @fleckd.

What a great win tonight fellas. I was admittedly very nervous all night but I'm do glad to get the W. X was awesome, Myles was a stud let's go Muskies!!!

From Myles' three in transition to the very end, my nipples were fully erect.

Damn good turnout of X fans there last night.

Although we were so spread out all over the place you really couldn't tell how many, but the pre game get together was well attended.

By the way, Congressman Boehner had the X contingent team and staff up to his office yesterday. Very cool, Congressman.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by XUFan09 View Post
    You're right, actually. This is the equivalent of a top 10, maybe even top 5, win on a neutral court, while a potential win over Villanova would "only" be borderline top 25. Beating Villanova at home would actually be similar to beating Seton Hall or St. John's on the road.
    Uh, let's not get carried away. Nova is not "borderline" top 25.

The only reason that this win is potentially more valuable than a home win over Nova is that we were missing a road win. If we beat UC on the road, I'd rather have the home win against Nova in the final week of the regular season than a road win at GTown in January.

What I really want is all three, and we got the first one already.

Run the table and we're a 2 seed.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick