View Poll Results: Who was the best performer in our 1/24 matchup against DePaul?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Myles Davis

23 54.76%
  • Trevon Bluiett

3 7.14%
  • Matt Stainbrook

8 19.05%
  • Other (please tell why in the thread)

8 19.05%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Junior

Honorary Steel Ballz Award - DePaul

This award is only honorary, for as we all know, the real Steel Ballz Award will always and forever belong to Tu Holloway. This edition simply is for the best performer in today's home win against DePaul.

Candidates:

Myles Davis - career high 25 points on 8/14 shooting (1/6 from 3, 8/10 from the line) and 8 rebounds

Trevon Bluiett - 21 points on 8/10 shooting (1/3 from three, 4/7 from the line), 3 assists and 4 rebounds

Matt Stainbrook - 17 points on 7/7 shooting (3/4 from the line), 6 assists and 7 rebounds

Other - please include who ya got and why

Now don't let the stats alone dictate your choice. Consider their entire effect on the game.

All stats from CBS Sportstracker.
    zip em up

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BandAid View Post
    This award is only honorary, for as we all know, the real Steel Ballz Award will always and forever belong to Tu Holloway. This edition simply is for the best performer in today's home win against DePaul.

Candidates:

Myles Davis - career high 25 points on 8/14 shooting (1/6 from 3, 8/10 from the line) and 8 rebounds

Trevon Bluiett - 21 points on 8/10 shooting (1/3 from three, 4/7 from the line), 3 assists and 4 rebounds

Matt Stainbrook - 17 points on 7/7 shooting (3/4 from the line), 6 assists and 7 rebounds

Other - please include who ya got and why

Now don't let the stats alone dictate your choice. Consider their entire effect on the game.

All stats from CBS Sportstracker.
    Agree with all of those. I think Myles wins it.

I'd add Dee too. 8 assists no turnovers. He played well today. He had 1 bad play that I remeber.

I voted for Myles, but #TeamRemyAbell really brought it in the second half.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Junior
    Those three guys combined missed one shot from inside the arc.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Agree with all of those. I think Myles wins it.

I'd add Dee too. 8 assists no turnovers. He played well today. He had 1 bad play that I remeber.
    Davis, not only for reasons above but was involved in holding Garrett to almost nothing, plus he was fantastic when posted repeatedly by Garrett and the DePaul bigs. Plus he looked the part with that shiner.

Dee Davis is a warrior.
    It's a still great day to be a Muskie, but a sad day to be a supporting member of this board.

I thought Dee Davis showed, once again, he has the biggest balls on the team. The guy is just a fearless competitor who really tries to lead this team.

Trevon Blueitt. That step back 3 and that huge put back to go along with a great day and he is one of the few who cut to the basket when Stain is double teamed.

Honorary Steel Ballz Award - DePaul

For me the win wasn't about a singular man with Tu-like balls, but rather our collective resolve. We don't win without all the performances mentioned above (particularly in the 2nd half).

Other. I give the award to those of us who never gave up believing X would come back and win today.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!