Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jalen Reynolds!

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    If Jalen wants to skip his senior year so he can get to Europe sooner and start earning money all the power to him. It seems highly unlikely he leaves early next year because he is going to be drafted in the NBA. He would have to have a monster year and flip a switch that I'm not sure is there to flip.

He's already 22 and there are hundreds of guys younger than him, and foreign players we dont even know about, with just as much athletic ability as Jalen. Everyone in the NBA is super athletic even when they dont look that way because there are guys so much more athletic than them.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

These are some of the same people proclaiming he would go pro after this year before the season even started. Just ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    These are some of the same people proclaiming he would go pro after this year before the season even started. Just ludicrous.
    Right up there with the people who thought Trevon would go pro after watching him play 5 games.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    It's just me, and I never predicted he would leave after this year. This coming from the guy who thought it was ludicrous to believe Creighton would be 9th or 10th in the Big East back in the preseason. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Right up there with the people who thought Trevon would go pro after watching him play 5 games.
    Do you mean pro after this season? Cause if so, that's another level of crazy from suggesting Jalen will go pro.

All-Conference
    While never thinking he'd go pro after the season, Trevon does look like a completely different player from the first 3 weeks of the season.

LET HIM LOOSE!!!!!!!!

3 shots yesterday? 3?

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    While never thinking he'd go pro after the season, Trevon does look like a completely different player from the first 3 weeks of the season.

LET HIM LOOSE!!!!!!!!
    Agreed, don't know what's going on. I thought the second half of the DePaul game was him breaking out of a slump, even if it ended up not being enough to win that game. He then posted a really good offensive rating against Seton Hall, but he didn't make any of his three three-point attempts, and his offensive ratings have dropped since then. He's 1-17 from three-point range since going 4-10 against DePaul and 40% overall at that point in the season.

Knowing his shooting ability, this has to just be a bad slump. Unfortunately, the only way to break out of shooting slumps is to just keep shooting. At least he's been making his two-point shots and getting to the line at a reasonable clip.

Quote Originally Posted by XUFan09 View Post
    Agreed, don't know what's going on. I thought the second half of the DePaul game was him breaking out of a slump, even if it ended up not being enough to win that game. He then posted a really good offensive rating against Seton Hall, but he didn't make any of his three three-point attempts, and his offensive ratings have dropped since then. He's 1-17 from three-point range since going 4-10 against DePaul and 40% overall at that point in the season.

Knowing his shooting ability, this has to just be a bad slump. Unfortunately, the only way to break out of shooting slumps is to just keep shooting. At least he's been making his two-point shots and getting to the line at a reasonable clip.
    Freshmen hitting the 20 game wall- a typical high school season.

Doesn't mean he can't or won't fight through it.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Freshmen hitting the 20 game wall- a typical high school season.
    Good point, but I figure Trevon is the caliber of player that should be able to rise above that in the end. I'm not expecting 45-50% from 3 like earlier in the season, but he's in a Myles-like slump.

Quote Originally Posted by XUFan09 View Post

Without hi-jacking the thread:

I've said it before - watch the difference in Trevon's follow through. The last two free throws he made yesterday, he extended his follow through. All shots prior to that (and during recent games), he's been flicking the ball. I think he's envisioning a made shot so desperately, that's his mechanics have gone to the wayside.