Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    It probably cost him about $20 mil, but I'm very happy for our CHAMPION!

I'm so very happy for West. It looks like his sacrifice is totally worth it......he finally gets his ring. Congratulations to the champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    That was about the lamest celebration I have ever seen from a team that just won a championship. Good for them but think even they know it isn't as gratifying when you just completely stack your side.
    7th in the NBA in payroll. The Cavs spent 21 million more. The Cavs could have done this but General Manager Lebron effed it up when he made Dan Gilbert pay Tristan 15 mill, Shumpert 10 mill, and JR Smith 12 mill.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    7th in the NBA in payroll. The Cavs spent 21 million more. The Cavs could have done this but General Manager Lebron effed it up when he made Dan Gilbert pay Tristan 15 mill, Shumpert 10 mill, and JR Smith 12 mill.
    Ooops?

I wish I had friends in higher places. I'd be happy to steal at that level.

That was about the lamest celebration I have ever seen from a team that just won a championship. Good for them but think even they know it isn't as gratifying when you just completely stack your side.
    I think Durant is the only "hired" gun they brought in. They drafted Curry, Thompson and Green which are the core of that team minus KD.

Cleveland only drafted Irving and Thompson (and Thompson is extremely overrated and over paid). Shumpert, Smith, Love and LeBron were all brought in as free agents or through trades.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kellernr View Post
    I think Durant is the only "hired" gun they brought in. They drafted Curry, Thompson and Green which are the core of that team minus KD.

Cleveland only drafted Irving and Thompson (and Thompson is extremely overrated and over paid). Shumpert, Smith, Love and LeBron were all brought in as free agents or through trades.
    All true...its just the hired gun was the second best player in the NBA joining a 73 win team.

Cavs have to find something for love to compete. He is about the most worthless 19 and 11 guy I have ever seen.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    They also signed Andrew Bogut, who played about 4 seconds.

All true...its just the hired gun was the second best player in the NBA joining a 73 win team.

Cavs have to find something for love to compete. He is about the most worthless 19 and 11 guy I have ever seen.
    What are you going to get for Love that would be an upgrade? He is a really good player. You can't find floor spacers like him anywhere. His D has improved and he is a good passer. Realistically the Cavs need better perimeter defense to counter GS. You can only hide Kyrie for so long. I actually think the core of Lebron, Kyrie, Love can compete with GS, but not for very much longer.

Adding Durant seems unfair but hats off to their front office for pulling it off. I don't blame Durant for going to GS, as all these guys are judged on championships. That said this seems slightly tainted or with an *. How great would it have been if he won in OKC?

Congrats to DFW, NBA Champion.

...he went up late, and I was already up there.

West should get a second ring next year if the Warriors invite him back.