Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    We traded DSR for Semaj.
    No, no we did not. Semaj was not recruited to play point.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Football is totally different than basketball with only 5 guys on the court. There's lots of upperclassmen on that team too...and they were recruited by Meyer in the same league.
    That's just sad. I'm sorry that's the best you can come up with. Freshmen recruited to play the BIG Ten on one hand. Freshmen recruited to the BE is a liability.

Okay then. I guess football must have unequal sides of the ball. I thought it was 11vs 11.
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

We weren't getting both of them, so it was essentially a trade.
    But more importantly, is it really your contention that our 2008, 2009 and 2010 teams would be struggling just as much in this league as the current team?

While you are remembering all those losses by Matta and Miller. Both of those guys are much than:

16-21.

Tu, Kenny, Semaj, Dante and Jalen were all four star players according to Rivals FWIW. All recruited to play in the A-10.

It's amazing we were able to win any games in the BE last year with all of that experienced A-10 players we had on our roster last year.

I swear this argument just goes in circles. Mack needs to win more road games, win more tournament games in March and November and we need to stop acting like shit happens because shit happened before.

Good God. I don't even know where to begin. Maybe suggesting that MOR delete this before more people see it would be a start.

Some of the comments in the original post are so perilously close to Mick Cronin's "A10 teams couldn't win in the Big East" I think Cronin may have written the post.

I also think the post is incredibly offensive to some of the great players that have played at X like Ty Hill, David West and James Posey, to name only a few of MANY, who never shied away from competing with the "big boys". It's offensive to all those X teams that beat power conference teams or teams in better conferences with players who, you know, were only 4th or 5th league worthy at best. It's also throwing under the bus the "kids", as they are referred to, who are currently wearing the X uniform in order to support an argument to save an adult who makes a lot of money coaching them. Seriously, did Cronin write this?

And then there are Fr. Graham's quotes about joining the Big East and how it had been in the works for some time before it was announced. I realize that maybe recruits couldn't have been told about the move, but surely Mack was worthy of being in on the big secret. One would think the coaches would have kept that info in the back of their minds when recruiting. Of course, that might explain the 4 star recruits we got. But maybe not.

I'm not really sure how we ever really moved up to the Big East. The arguments made in the original post make it seem as though no school can compete with any team in a league ranked higher. Jesus. This post sounds like all the d-bag posts UC fans and power-conference fans, etc. made that irritated us all and that we knew was just plain wrong. Thanks for your years of play D Brown, Tu Holloway, Romain Sato, Lionel Chalmers, Drew Lavender. Thank goodness you played for us then because you're not worthy of us now.

Ugh.
    Xavier Basketball: We're Not Scared of Anyone!
    Zip Em Up!

Quote Originally Posted by LadyMuskie View Post
    Good God. I don't even know where to begin. Maybe suggesting that MOR delete this before more people see it would be a start.

Some of the comments in the original post are so perilously close to Mick Cronin's "A10 teams couldn't win in the Big East" I think Cronin may have written the post.

I also think the post is incredibly offensive to some of the great players that have played at X like Ty Hill, David West and James Posey, to name only a few of MANY, who never shied away from competing with the "big boys". It's offensive to all those X teams that beat power conference teams or teams in better conferences with players who, you know, were only 4th or 5th league worthy at best. It's also throwing under the bus the "kids", as they are referred to, who are currently wearing the X uniform in order to support an argument to save an adult who makes a lot of money coaching them. Seriously, did Cronin write this?

And then there are Fr. Graham's quotes about joining the Big East and how it had been in the works for some time before it was announced. I realize that maybe recruits couldn't have been told about the move, but surely Mack was worthy of being in on the big secret. One would think the coaches would have kept that info in the back of their minds when recruiting. Of course, that might explain the 4 star recruits we got. But maybe not.

I'm not really sure how we ever really moved up to the Big East. The arguments made in the original post make it seem as though no school can compete with any team in a league ranked higher. Jesus. This post sounds like all the d-bag posts UC fans and power-conference fans, etc. made that irritated us all and that we knew was just plain wrong. Thanks for your years of play D Brown, Tu Holloway, Romain Sato, Lionel Chalmers, Drew Lavender. Thank goodness you played for us then because you're not worthy of us now.

Ugh.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    We traded DSR for Semaj.
    Semaj was a Cincy kid, and didn't want to leave the area for college. He was also a late bloomer.

I'm losing track of what's being argued.