Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Angry Butler 2015: Uncle Buck

I almost went to Butler. It was close to home, in a big city, and still had the small campus atmosphere that we all craved. It made sense. Though I made the life-saving choice to attend the Catholic school in Cincinnati instead, Butler played a pivotal role in my life.

Butler was the epicenter for my developmental renaissance. The school demonstrated a great awakening in my virgin mind through its newfound existence that came about as an aberrational accession of sorts, a hiccup in the way our world works. The program exemplified everything that is cruel, callous, and corrupt about life through the game we all worship.

“But-ler”. The two syllables alone should send crawls of discomfort through the most mild college basketball fan’s skin. I could write endless words depicting my inordinate disdain for the school, but I am in great hopes that these few lines will better paint that picture:

The clock game started it all, back in 2009,
    For I was just a young Muskie then, a freshman at the time.

I felt rage, anger, jealousy, and worst of all defeat,
    In my mind, it was engrained inside, that Butler had to cheat.

The stopwatch, the air horns, and every flailing flop,
    Betraying the game that I love, pulling out every stop.

Their place is a hole, a dungy cave, so much that one can’t joke it,
    I take great pride that the water fountain is gone, for I am the one who broke it.

I will not squander another chance to zip them up this year,
    Until Butler is in the BE basement and all that I can hear:

Uproarious cheers for Butler tears,
    Brought to you by the Musketeers.

May the relentless, incessant hate of Butler University be forever strong,

Uncle Buck
    "What exactly is a Jesuit?"

Quote Originally Posted by Buck Futler View Post
    I almost went to Butler. It was close to home, in a big city, and still had the small campus atmosphere that we all craved. It made sense. Though I made the life-saving choice to attend the Catholic school in Cincinnati instead, Butler played a pivotal role in my life.

Butler was the epicenter for my developmental renaissance. The school demonstrated a great awakening in my virgin mind through its newfound existence that came about as an aberrational accession of sorts, a hiccup in the way our world works. The program exemplified everything that is cruel, callous, and corrupt about life through the game we all worship.

“But-ler”. The two syllables alone should send crawls of discomfort through the most mild college basketball fan’s skin. I could write endless words depicting my inordinate disdain for the school, but I am in great hopes that these few lines will better paint that picture:

The clock game started it all, back in 2009,
    For I was just a young Muskie then, a freshman at the time.

I felt rage, anger, jealousy, and worst of all defeat,
    In my mind, it was engrained inside, that Butler had to cheat.

The stopwatch, the air horns, and every flailing flop,
    Betraying the game that I love, pulling out every stop.

Their place is a hole, a dungy cave, so much that one can’t joke it,
    I take great pride that the water fountain is gone, for I am the one who broke it.

I will not squander another chance to zip them up this year,
    Until Butler is in the BE basement and all that I can hear:

Uproarious cheers for Butler tears,
    Brought to you by the Musketeers.

May the relentless, incessant hate of Butler University be forever strong,

Uncle Buck
    I love it. I'm sure you will get a bunch of posters who want to prove something pop in here, but I'm with you. I hate Butler. For me it started the year before the clock debacle. Watching Matt Howard and Gordon Hayward get every freaking call on our home court was one of the most obnoxious memories I have of a Xavier game played at Cintas. That was one pathetically officiated game, and it annoyed me. But the clock game, well that just brought things to a whole new level.

I am going to be a difficult person to be around from about 4:30-6:30 on Saturday. We need a road win in a huge way. We need another quality win in a big way. But more than anything, I want to go into that disgusting shed they try and pass as a basketball gym and make their pathetic excuses for fans have to watch us have our way with them. I'm very nervous because I simply cannot handle a loss to Butler. I do not think they're a very good team but we all know how it goes. Let's drop them down to the bottom of the league where they rightfully belong!

Well done! I f'in hate them too.

I have good feeling about Saturday. I don't know why. We seem to play well there.

You just watch. Chrabs is going to neutralize Uber driver Stainbrook. Hinkle will be packed and Xavier sucks on the road. Put this one in the "W" column for the DAWGS.

Junior
    is Hinkle ever packed? Only reason it could be this game is the amount of X fans coming.

Sophomore
    You guys really call him "Chrabs?"

Sophomore
    There are Butler fans on the BUHoops board hoping that Blueitt gets slammed to the ground and they have a player ejected for it.

Yes its a messageboard...but that's kind of sad that you wish harm on an 18 year old kid for choosing a different college...whatever Hope Blueitt shows BU that he made the right decision (regardless of tomorrows outcome we WILL win more games in the next 4 years than Butler.)

I love it!!

ESCALATE THE HATE!!

Make them our waterfountain this Saturday!!
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Quote Originally Posted by aurorix2 View Post
    You just watch. Chrabs is going to neutralize Uber driver Stainbrook. Hinkle will be packed and Xavier sucks on the road. Put this one in the "W" column for the DAWGS.
    If you guys pack Hinkle for the first time ever, you are going to want to be very careful. I don't know if that barn can structurally handle more hicks than it is used to without collapsing. I heard the last guy that tried to get a sip of water from the fountain there damn near lost his foot just from leaning on it, and he wasn't all that big. I think there are teams in the Big East where Stainbrook can find himself at a bit of a disadvantage against given his mobility. Butler is not one of those teams. I expect him to have one of his best Big East games on Saturday. I expect Kellen Dunham to take an obscene amount of awful shots, as he is one to do, and I'm hoping most of them don't go in. The last couple of times Dee guarded him I imagine he had to reevaluate his life afterwards, after going 4-20 for 13 points combined. That must've been difficult for a guy who loved nothing more than pretending that he's Kyrie Irving every game. Go ahead and chalk up your W if it makes you feel better. I'd probably have a lot more fun daydreaming than living in reality if my team had 5 Big East wins EVER too.

Chrabs. Gotta love that one. Sounds like the kind of STD one might get from being in a barn with Butler fans too long.

Freshman
    This is great.