Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    The 16 seeds and the last four in are different deals. MOR is definitely wrong.
    '01 said a couple teams couldn't be in the play in games because they were auto bids as conference champs.

I think that is wrong, as my examples of Albany and Cal-Poly who played in at Dayton show.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    '01 said a couple teams couldn't be in the play in games because they were auto bids as conference champs.

I think that is wrong, as my examples of Albany and Cal-Poly who played in at Dayton show.
    Yes, that is for 16 seeds only. Those are all auto-bids. The last four in that get sent to Dayton cannot be auto-bid teams. They are all at-large selections.

Yes, that is for 16 seeds only. Those are all auto-bids. The last four in that get sent to Dayton cannot be auto-bid teams. They are all at-large selections.
    Got that. But, there are conference auto-bids there also. I guess the other 4 teams.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Got that. But, there are conference auto-bids there also. I guess the other 4 teams.
    Yes, the 16 seeds. SF Austin was in no danger of being a #16 seed, and that is the only way they would have been eligible to go to Dayton.

Wrong schlong. There were conference champs in the first eight. The Committee can place any number they want by a team and a team anywhere they want.

The seeding is arbitrary- just like my using SFA and SD State. I could have used other 11 seeds. Iowa was an 11 seed for example in the first 8. . The Committee changes seedlings to fill venues. Teams don't always get seeded right on.

I stand by my statement that Xavier was picked to The dump because we were an easy travel and placed as a 12 because of it. We could have just as easily been an 11 and put somewhere else or still at VD Arena. Our last RPI was 47. Nebraska was 48 RPI and got an 11. Oklahoma State was 45 and got a 9.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Wrong schlong. There were conference champs in the first eight.
    Yes, the 4 16 seeds are always going to be conference champ auto bids. None of the other four can or will be.

Yes, the 4 16 seeds are always going to be conference champ auto bids. None of the other four can or will be.
    Again, read the rest of my post and don't focus on the teams I threw out there.

The central point was that Xavier in the dump was a placement of convenience, but the bottom line was that Xavier needed to win...and did not. It was still a part of the Tournament though..and the money spends the same.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

I agree it counts as the Tournament. I see absolutely no evidence, however, for the proposition that Xavier was placed in Dayton for convenience as opposed to being one of the shittiest 4 teams to get an at-large bid.