Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Now this is funny. Well done Verizon.

http://publicpolicy.verizon.com/blog...n-the-internet
    Last edited by Strange Brew; 03-01-2015 at 04:37 PM.
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    Soros has shown no remorse for what he admitted he did as a 13 year old. At least Democratic Senator (until 2010) Robert Byrd admitted that being a leader in the klan was wrong in his elder years.
    I puked on my Mom's clothes a lot also as a baby, but I never felt compelled to apologize or feel remorse for it as an adult. Kids --- all kids --- do things they would not do as adults. That's what becoming an adult is supposed to be about. Since that is a universal fact, adults should understand that they were going through a learning process and, as such, they should not have to show either sorrow or remorse for any mistakes they made in that maturing process.

Was Robert Byrd 13 years old when he was the leader of the Klan? You are reaching, SB!

Quote Originally Posted by muskienick View Post
    I puked on my Mom's clothes a lot also as a baby, but I never felt compelled to apologize or feel remorse for it as an adult. Kids --- all kids --- do things they would not do as adults. That's what becoming an adult is supposed to be about. Since that is a universal fact, adults should understand that they were going through a learning process and, as such, they should not have to show either sorrow or remorse for any mistakes they made in that maturing process.

Was Robert Byrd 13 years old when he was the leader of the Klan? You are reaching, SB!
    So you're comparing puking on your Mom as a infant to sending Jews to the gas chambers and stealing their property as a 13 year old. Also, I knew right from wrong by the time I was a teenager and would at least as an adult admit I shouldn't have done terrible things when I was younger. But I guess a felon (in France) who nearly collapsed the Pound for his own personal profit doesn't really care about ethics anyway.

No on Byrd, I brought him up to point out the blatant racism of the Democrat party. Party of the Confederacey, Jim Crow, Eugenics, Segregation and Internment of folks who don't look like them.
    Last edited by Strange Brew; 03-01-2015 at 04:37 PM.
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    Why exactly?
    Because labelling the internet as a utility, or rather, information services, will most likely keep monopolies (like Comcast has in some instances now) from overcharging for services rendered. Also, this FCC ruling stops mobile carriers from throttling peoples data too, which, under prior rules the FCC couldn't enforce, it was just a suggestion to not do it, with no ramifications for doing it. Now they can stop those shenanigans. Also, now that it is a utility, people actually have a jurisdictional entity in the FCC that they can complain to about services or problems. Before, no governmental agency had authority to fine ISPs, and I have no doubt there is a correlation to why Comcast, AT&T and Time Warner are all ranked as some of the worst in terms of customer satisfaction.
    Another added bonus is that with the utility classification, it makes it easier for competitors to move into a market controlled by a competitor. Meaning, if existing infrastructure is controlled by a competitor, they cannot overcharge the use of that infrastructure, since it is now a utility. An example is Google Fiber. I have forgotten where exactly, but the case involved AT&T owning a percentage of the poles in an area, and were denying use of those poles to Google (or were charging an exorbitant amount, I have forgotten which) . The utility classification now makes that illegal and stops redundant infrastructure from being built. Just a couple quick reasons. Edit, that happened in Austin, Texas.
    Last edited by PM Thor; 03-02-2015 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
    Because labelling the internet as a utility, or rather, information services, will most likely keep monopolies (like Comcast has in some instances now) from overcharging for services rendered..
    Yeah.... Duke has a spotless record of not overcharging for electric services

While I tend to agree that - for now at least - the good outweighs the bad, regulated utilities do not serve to drive down prices, ever.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

Is Duke a monopoly though? I have had 3 different electrical providers hit me up to switch.