Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    So much upside to this guy. I thought he could help this year, but if he's hurting, better decision to redshirt. Size, speed,range, Good basketball IQ and sense of the floor, impetuous jacking of 3s early in possessions notwithstanding.
    It's a still great day to be a Muskie, but a sad day to be a supporting member of this board.

Sumner Medical Redshirt

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    For some reason I find this part of the article confusing. What's the point of dressing for a game if you aren't going to play, or even hope to play because doing so would say you are OK enough, and don't need to be redshirted.

What's more confusing is that they have to wait until the end of the year for the redshirt approval. If he was better in February, you wouldn't know whether you could use him if needed. If you didn't, and they didn't grant it, you'd have lost a full year of his eligibility, and maybe his services at a critical juncture in the conference play.

NB: I may be just too confused to understand this process.
    It's not approved until the season is over because the standards require assessing whether the factors have been met. Since he theoretically is eligible to play, they need to make sure he (i) does not play in the 2nd half of the season and (II) does not play in more than 30% of the team's scheduled games.

That said, if we shut him down the approval, as Juice said, is pretty much a foregone conclusion.

Gotta believe XU staff knows what they are doing w/ these situations. I don't expect any surprises on this one.
    Zip'em Up!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
    I don't expect any surprises on this one.
    Um, ok. What would make it a surprise?
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.