Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: KenPom

Sophomore
    I'm pretty sure it means all of our losses were very close, that's how they do luck rating in football anyway.

After the the win at GTown:

Overall: 18

Offense: 13

Defense: 81

We were around 130 in Kenpom defense a few games ago.

Quote Originally Posted by BMoreX View Post
    We were around 130 in Kenpom defense a few games ago.
    Can coaches coach? Can young guys learn? Hmmmm, I think maybe so....

The last time they were in the 80s in adjusted defensive efficiency, they had just leaped there from the low 100s prior to the Seton Hall game. They then crashed about 40 spots after the Butler game. Hopefully, this time they started moving in the other direction. They held Seton Hall to 0.98 points per possession that game, despite a poor showing on the defensive glass. Hopefully, they can replicate that performance on the road (with better rebounding, of course).

All-Conference
    Gotta give credit for last night, but we match up very well with GTown. Their bigs are true bigs, and we can guard them that way. We knew their offense and made it difficult for them.

However, I need to see improvement against the teams we don't match up well against (the long and lanky bigs that can hit threes(. Great job last night, but jury still out in my eyes on significant defensive improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Gotta give credit for last night, but we match up very well with GTown. Their bigs are true bigs, and we can guard them that way. We knew their offense and made it difficult for them.

However, I need to see improvement against the teams we don't match up well against (the long and lanky bigs that can hit threes(. Great job last night, but jury still out in my eyes.
    I think the jury is still out until the the season is over, but last night was a big, big win for this team. G'Town whipped Nova by 20 points. If we match up well with GTown, and they spanked Nova, I think this X team can beat anyone.

I definitely saw improvements on the defensive end. Our perimeter defensive was solid.

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I think the jury is still out until the the season is over, but last night was a big, big win for this team. G'Town whipped Nova by 20 points. If we match up well with GTown, and they spanked Nova, I think this X team can beat anyone.

I definitely saw improvements on the defensive end. Our perimeter defensive was solid.
    I expect the Nova game to be very different the next time around.. I think after last night Mack has pretty much solidified what his rotation is going to look like and which 5/6 guys are going to see the most minutes. Mack did run the 1 in, 4 out against Nova at times, but it's completely night and day how much better Myles, Remy, Trevon, and even Dee are rebounding defensively than they were in that game. Should be exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by xufan2434 View Post
    I expect the Nova game to be very different the next time around.. I think after last night Mack has pretty much solidified what his rotation is going to look like and which 5/6 guys are going to see the most minutes. Mack did run the 1 in, 4 out against Nova at times, but it's completely night and day how much better Myles, Remy, Trevon, and even Dee are rebounding defensively than they were in that game. Should be exciting.
    The guards rebounding is probably the most important factor in the improvement of the team in the last few games.

Quote Originally Posted by xuwin View Post
    The guards rebounding is probably the most important factor in the improvement of the team in the last few games.
    Definitely, I was just recently critiquing that. We have three of the better rebounders in the conference on the offensive end (then Bluiett is pretty good), but the team is ranked 137th in offensive rebounding rate. On the defensive end, Farr, Reynolds, and Stain are ranked 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, but we only just re-entered the top 50 (37th) in defensive rebounding rate and we're not even the best in the conference.

Mack has been publicly mentioning it recently, saying that our guards are "allergic" to rebounding, so it has to have been a point of emphasis in practice. When they started instituting the 4-out lineup more, Mack must have made clear to the guards the importance of their rebounding role on the defensive end.