Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kaiser Gates

Do you expect him to play Friday night?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Since I'm not affiliated with the team, I'm not certain. They have a game tonight that I won't be attending.

Good News on Kaiser tonight:

@OntheRadarHoops: Xavier signee Kaiser Gates @Kaisergates finished with 16 points 10 rebounds tonight http://t.co/FFwAqHg6eg @CoachPegues @dgates
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

MOR, as I noted in the recruit thread, I got a chance to see that game last night.
    Gates team played Pinecrest, at Pinecrest. Incredible campus in suburban Atlanta.

Small world story: had a nice chat with Pinecrest's AD, Tom Palmer. He played football for X back in my day. Roomed with Beetle Bailey.
    Knew a bunch of guys that I was friends with way back then. We were talking about X football, and he reminded me that his team beat sucks 2 out of 3 years. I'm going to assume a few of the older guys, maybe LHS guys, will remember Tom.

Here's a link to his page. Note the last line of his letter. X is in his blood.

http://www.pinecrestacademy.org/athletics

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    MOR, as I noted in the recruit thread, I got a chance to see that game last night.
    Gates team played Pinecrest, at Pinecrest. Incredible campus in suburban Atlanta.

Small world story: had a nice chat with Pinecrest's AD, Tom Palmer. He played football for X back in my day. Roomed with Beetle Bailey.
    Knew a bunch of guys that I was friends with way back then. We were talking about X football, and he reminded me that his team beat sucks 2 out of 3 years. I'm going to assume a few of the older guys, maybe LHS guys, will remember Tom.

Nice, Pauly!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Sophomore
    I
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post

One of the oldest LHS guys here. I don't remember Tom, but I did live right across the hall from Beetle freshman year in Brockman.

The 1967-8 academic year was the last in which X beat UC in both football and basketball. Out of our minds proud of those teams at the time, and still.

Nice connection, Paul. Emp '68
    It's a still great day to be a Muskie, but a sad day to be a supporting member of this board.

Made another trip to Atlanta area tonight to watch Kaiser Gates.
    He and first string played undersized opponents, so it was ugly for 3 quarters before they pulled them.
    Here's an example with Gates recording the slam:

https://twitter.com/SMACKHighGA/stat...61903436713985

He plays on a very high level skill team, but the two games I've watched they have not had any competition (wish I could have seen some).
    Beasley on the team is #30 on ESPN's top 100 going to Florida State. Their point guard Kobi Simmons is the #5 player in the country for next year.
    (Roy Williams was in the prior week to watch him.)

So the game was a slam fest. He did show a lot more than the first game I saw when he was coming off his medical problem.
    Because of not being stretched, often he seemed to be playing slowly, and I was concerned. But when he wants to be quick, he is quick.
    Going to be a good defender I think. Nice hops. Needs to add a few pounds and maybe hit the weight room.
    Smooth player. Looking forward to seeing what he does at X.