Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647
    Anybody realize that our opening game opponent Northern Arizona is still playing?

In the CIT? They play Kent State Friday night and have won 21 games.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Northern Arizona and NJIT are among the teams remaining in the CIT if you're paying attention to these sort of things.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Yikes. Really scary play here in the Stanford/Vandy NIT game. Player for Vandy got knocked out basically by an unintentional elbow and then hit his head again on the way down and was very wobbly, looked to literally had no idea where he was. Even as he was helped off the court, looked very confused. Hope he is ok.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    I don't know what compelled Eastern Washington schedule a game at 8am local time other than wanting to be the first official game of the season. They're playing Texas Southern. Neither team is likely to get anywhere close to the bubble, but both are expected to be two of the better teams in their leagues, so I guess it could be worse. And, for a few short hours, the winner of this game will be kings of college basketball. Then...the other games will start...

http://www.americaonesports.com/bigs...r.asp?aptid=41
    I feel this way every March. March is great, but I think November is better. It is the longest expanse of college basketball that we have ahead of us, and we get so many good games in the exempt tournaments. I like seeing all these teams we've read about all offseason for the first time, and seeing how teams that you weren't thinking about kind of jump off the page and make a case for themselves.

Yesterday, I watched the CIT quarterfinal between Canisius and NJIT, and DVR'd the Elite Eight games. I didn't even watch them live. It's ironic, but for most people this is as big into college basketball as they ever are. For me, it already feels like it's over. There are more games in November than March, and as crazy as it sounds, I think we learn more in November than we do in March, which makes it more fun.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    I feel this way every March. March is great, but I think November is better. It is the longest expanse of college basketball that we have ahead of us, and we get so many good games in the exempt tournaments. I like seeing all these teams we've read about all offseason for the first time, and seeing how teams that you weren't thinking about kind of jump off the page and make a case for themselves.

Yesterday, I watched the CIT quarterfinal between Canisius and NJIT, and DVR'd the Elite Eight games. I didn't even watch them live. It's ironic, but for most people this is as big into college basketball as they ever are. For me, it already feels like it's over. There are more games in November than March, and as crazy as it sounds, I think we learn more in November than we do in March, which makes it more fun.
    Brew, props.

U are the ultimate College Basketball junkie and, unfortunately, you're about to go into a 7 1/2 month withdrawal.

I feel your pain.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Seriously, when do we find out our matchup in the Gavitt Tip Off? Who do we play in the holiday tourney? Will Brandon stay or go? Who's transfering in?

Cannot wait for Team 94!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by X-Fan View Post
    Seriously, when do we find out our matchup in the Gavitt Tip Off? Who do we play in the holiday tourney? Will Brandon stay or go? Who's transfering in?

Cannot wait for Team 94!!!!
    They'll probably bracket the Holiday Tournament in July, after the athletic New Year. Or....they'll do it tomorrow. I can't figure out the exempt tournaments. I can't figure out how they go about selecting teams, and I can't figure out how they build the brackets. There are teams that want in that never seem to get in. There are others that don't want in that always seem to get in. So, I give up.

The only trend that I've noticed is that teams that the teams who rate high in the TV ratings are typically placed on opposite sides of the bracket, which makes sense since these are made for TV events.
    Last edited by xubrew; 03-29-2015 at 11:36 AM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White