Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Quote Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
    I'm pretty certain Gates was the backup plan for Nichols. Whether Nichols knows it or not we've moved on.
    I would think the opposite, since Kaiser is a Top 150 guy. We seem to like that group lately.
    2023 Sweet 16

Kaiser Gates - 2015 Recruit (Decision At 3PM)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    I would think the opposite, since Kaiser is a Top 150 guy. We seem to like that group lately.
    Nichols was Plan A.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    How Dan Hoard ever got any broadcasting job....and somehow keeps it is a mystery of the universe.

Guy. Is. Horrible.
    Couldn't agree more. I know we are extremely lucky to have Joe and Byron especially when I hear hoard. Its painful to listen to him.

Did Nichols even commit yet? Sometimes its better to take the date to the dance that says yes then wait for the one that is looking for something better.

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    Did Nichols even commit yet? Sometimes its better to take the date to the dance that says yes then wait for the one that is looking for something better.
    He hasn't and that is pretty much why X took the commitment from Gates rather than wait on Nichols.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    He hasn't and that is pretty much why X took the commitment from Gates rather than wait on Nichols.
    Take rankings for whatever they are worth but these two aren't far apart. However, I am having issues even finding Nichols in the top 150 on Rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    Take rankings for whatever they are worth but these two aren't far apart. However, I am having issues even finding Nichols in the top 150 on Rivals.
    Yeah, they are very close in rankings between the ratings sites. I don't think Rivals has Nichols in their top 150. I think he is just a 3 star guy, unranked. I think Snow prefers Nicholas but Broering prefers Gates (if that's too much info from the pay board let me know so I can edit it out). So it's a toss up on who is more likely to pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    How Dan Hoard ever got any broadcasting job....and somehow keeps it is a mystery of the universe.

Guy. Is. Horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I know we are extremely lucky to have Joe and Byron especially when I hear hoard. Its painful to listen to him.
    Not only is Hoard bad.......I can't stand listening to Bengals games ever since Johansen left.....but pair him with old looney toon for SucKs basketball and it is beyond horrible. I would have to be at games if I were a kittens fan.

OH Jeez... don't even go down the road of Chuck Maycock or whatever his name is... I'm not a fan of Dan Hoard at all... but I'd take him any day over Chuck. I can't stand how he used to "talk" to Huggs during the game or yells/complains at referrees when they are obviously running by him or standing by the announcers table. Totally classless... the best thing to ever happen to that guy was to get thrown out of that tournament game.
    I have complete faith in coach Steele and Co.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Yeah, they are very close in rankings between the ratings sites. I don't think Rivals has Nichols in their top 150. I think he is just a 3 star guy, unranked. I think Snow prefers Nicholas but Broering prefers Gates (if that's too much info from the pay board let me know so I can edit it out). So it's a toss up on who is more likely to pan out.
    Two good sources, I have access to both. I bet Gates is higher because of his height. It's one of the few things in basketball you just cannot teach or develop.