Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Local basketball player/cancer

I'm sure many have seen this, for those who haven't

http://www.local12.com/news/features...me-18984.shtml

That's one hell of a special young lady.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Local basketball player/cancer

Kudos to the NCAA for allowing the schedule change to hopefully get her one college game. Hard to even type this without tearing up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Broke my heart to read about it. I don't know if I could have that kind of strength.

Quote Originally Posted by blobfan View Post
    Broke my heart to read about it.
    Try watching the video then. Jesus. When did my office get so damned dusty?

I saw this video Tuesday night was it, I know I was a night behind the curve. Amazing story, and really puts things in perspective. Take no time for granted. For all the (usually richly deserved) criticism we give the NCAA, for once they got it right, or as right as they can get it within reason. prayers that she is able to play on her day.

Latest is that there have been so many ticket requests for this game, that the Mount is allegedly looking for a change of venue to something that could accomodate more fans. I have mixed emotions on that, whose dream is it, and what exactly is it. In the video it said somethign about she can't wait to suit up and play a game on the home court at Mt St Joe. How important in the dream is home court. Note the game was moved from Hiram to be at home. But as long as Lauren and the family are OK with the venue change, then why not? Make it a charity game, sell tckets, give a cut to Children's of cancer reasearch or whatever.

They said venue and ticket info would come out Friday.
    - David Bowers ('95)

Is Cintas available?

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Try watching the video then. Jesus. When did my office get so damned dusty?
    That video is absolutely brutal. Man.

I know it's late notice, too late, relaly. But I heard that CBS picked up the video to show on their nation wide morning show this morning. And, a search of Google News reveals that the story is now starting to make its way into the international press.

Go - If the game is moved, I would not be surprised if that is the new site, if available. It jsut makes sense, fellow Catholic institution, which I would suspect would mean very favorable rental terms, and even before word got out they were looking for a new site, Coach Mack tweeted that he would be at the game, and hoped his followers would join him.
    - David Bowers ('95)

Quote Originally Posted by coasterville95 View Post
    Go - If the game is moved, I would not be surprised if that is the new site, if available. It jsut makes sense, fellow Catholic institution, which I would suspect would mean very favorable rental terms, and even before word got out they were looking for a new site, Coach Mack tweeted that he would be at the game, and hoped his followers would join him.
    Heck, Xavier could offer up Cintas and charge $5/person at the door or something...they could donate all the proceeds to cancer research, how cool would that be?!