Page 2 of 144 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Rioting in STL

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    I think that message is directed at the rioters, not you.
    Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    Lighten up Francis, I was just providing the commentary that the idiots doing the looting need to hear. The entire situation in Ferguson is FUBAR from all angles. Hopefully cooler heads prevail.

You know how sensitive I am.

Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    How many times do these same basic events have to replay themselves in this country? No idea who is right or is wrong in this confrontation, but I don't think it justifies more innocent people and businesses being harmed. Has the almighty leader of this country bothered to denounce rioting in just general terms?
    Many people from that community have come out against the rioting. It didn't do much good.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Many people from that community have come out against the rioting. It didn't do much good.

Yeah, I came out against it and it didn't do much good either. But I'm not the almighty one. I just play it on this board. And I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.

It's interesting that whether George Zimmerman was a racist or not was of concern to the white house, but rioting isn't.

Actually it's not interesting, it's sad.

And innocent people will get hurt because of a lack of leadership.

The real bottom line is that true division can't be achieved unless people get hurt. And that is the sick reality of where politics are in this country.

It's interesting that whether George Zimmerman was a racist or not was of concern to the white house, but rioting isn't.

The real bottom line is that true division can't be achieved unless people get hurt. And that is the sick reality of where politics are in this country.
    You seem to be as partisan as anyone on this board, as evidenced by your work in this (and other) threads. I'm not sure what this last part means. It seems you want Obama to condemn the rioting as though that would make a difference. I assume he is the 'almightly one'.

In a broad sense: I watched news coverage yesterday of the relatives of the boy who was shot and killed immediately followed by footage of people smashing the window of a footlocker and running out with shoes. It cheapens the message the family of the victim is trying to make when thier community is seizing the opportunity to loot.
    Eat Donuts!

Supporting Member

President Obama's statement:

"The death of Michael Brown is heartbreaking, and Michelle and I send our deepest condolences to his family and his community at this very difficult time.

"As Attorney General (Eric) Holder has indicated, the Department of Justice is investigating the situation along with local officials, and they will continue to direct resources to the case as needed.

"I know the events of the past few days have prompted strong passions, but as details unfold, I urge everyone in Ferguson, Missouri, and across the country, to remember this young man through reflection and understanding. We should comfort each other and talk with one another in a way that heals, not in a way that wounds. Along with our prayers, that’s what Michael and his family, and our broader American community, deserve."
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    President Obama's statement:

"The death of Michael Brown is heartbreaking, and Michelle and I send our deepest condolences to his family and his community at this very difficult time.

"As Attorney General (Eric) Holder has indicated, the Department of Justice is investigating the situation along with local officials, and they will continue to direct resources to the case as needed.

"I know the events of the past few days have prompted strong passions, but as details unfold, I urge everyone in Ferguson, Missouri, and across the country, to remember this young man through reflection and understanding. We should comfort each other and talk with one another in a way that heals, not in a way that wounds. Along with our prayers, that’s what Michael and his family, and our broader American community, deserve."
    A fine statement that would have been much improved if it finished with: "Oh, and stop the looting you fucking asshats."

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    A fine statement that would have been much improved if it finished with: "Oh, and stop the looting you fucking asshats."
    I think all sides should close their press conferences with that statement.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Now that's the spirit!

Nothing cures moral outrage like a free pair of new kicks from the Footlocker!

Welcome back Boozehound!