Page 84 of 144 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134 ... LastLast

Thread: Rioting in STL

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    The only thing fair in life is a ground ball between first and third.
    Why did my mind immediately go to Bill Buckner. That poor guy...

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    http://www.theatlantic.com/education...e-jobs/375770/

I don't think Jon Stewart made this up.
    Those studies contradict each other on the value of a black person getting more education. It's a possibilty that the logic or methodology are flawed. I think there is a flaw in tying a post-graduation employement rate to only race. Do they have similar work experience? Similar networking? Etc? There may be some argument that "networking" is biased against certain people and shows a racial bias, but excluding that from a study leads to dangerous conclusions, IMO.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if white people are generally more comfortable hiring more white people. I don't think that's a revelation.

I have both worked under and hired black people. As a white male, the HR issue can make it more difficult to deal with problems from a non-white employee. That is a fact of the legal environment we work in. I am aware of it. If anything, it makes me more prone to hire a black candidate if there are two equal options, because I strive not to be discriminatory and probably overcompensate sometimes. Only once did it bite me in the ass, and it wasn't because the young man was black. It was because he was lazy.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

The only thing fair in life is a ground ball between first and third.
    And even then you better hope Angel Hernandez doesn't have umpire duties that game.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    I wouldn't be a bit surprised if white people are generally more comfortable hiring more white people. I don't think that's a revelation.
    Most people are more comfortable with the familiar. But if you act on that when employing job applicants, it is both unfair and illegal.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Do you really believe there is no incident report?

Have you consider that there actually IS an incident report, but it's simply not been made available to the public because there is an ongoing investigation. Ever heard of that?
    There isn't one because St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney Robert P. McCulloch said there isn't one. I'm not surprised you didn't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
    I would be absolutely, totally, completely shocked if their isn't an incident report. See, the problem is, that many in the community want information right NOW, without allowing the system to run its course. An incident report will be released, but right now it's part of an ongoing investigation. To release that type of information now would be inflammatory (probably) and would hinder the investigations that are occurring. I think.
    They released an incident report of the convenient store confrontation along with the video. They did that the same day they released the name of the police officer involved. Releasing the incident report doesn't do anything to hinder the grand jury deliberations.
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Xman95 View Post
    And even then you better hope Angel Hernandez doesn't have umpire duties that game.
    HA! Worst umpire since CB Bucknor and/or Tim McClelland.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

HA! Worst umpire since CB Bucknor and/or Tim McClelland.
    I often tend to find Laz Diaz as the source of my anger at the TV.

Quote Originally Posted by DC Muskie View Post
    There isn't one because St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney Robert P. McCulloch said there isn't one. I'm not surprised you didn't know that.

They released an incident report of the convenient store confrontation along with the video. They did that the same day they released the name of the police officer involved. Releasing the incident report doesn't do anything to hinder the grand jury deliberations.
    What is your definition of an incident report? An incident report on a police officer involved shooting is going to take weeks to complete. I can guarantee you statements were taken the day of the incident from the officer by their I.A. If safety allowed, a video taped walk through was completed or something similar. Doing an "incident" report on an officer involved shooting is 100% more complex then a beat cop rolling up and taking a robbery report. They aren't even comparable. Again, this "incident" report is going to take quite some time to complete in it's entirety. The PD would be stupid to release bits and pieces of the final report. They'll save it for court.