View Poll Results: Take This Summer @ This Winter?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Al Gore

0 0%
  • No.

11 57.89%
  • Yes.

6 31.58%
  • Ask me on December 30th.

2 10.53%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I love snowy winters. Last winter was extreme but the cold didn't really bother me. For the pool lovers, I do wish we had a few more days in the low 80s but I'm more than happy to give up those days if it means we miss the 90+ days with high humidity.

We can always throw on more sweaters when it's cold but there comes a point when there's nothing more you can take off to combat the heat.

Sophomore
    Didn't mind this past winter too much. But I just recently bought my first home so i'm sure when i'm the one up and clearing the driveway and sidewalk before going to work it will be a bit worse.

Gotta say I do enjoy this summer thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
    Didn't mind this past winter too much. But I just recently bought my first home so i'm sure when i'm the one up and clearing the driveway and sidewalk before going to work it will be a bit worse.

Gotta say I do enjoy this summer thus far.
    When it's -7 with 30 mph wind gusts you will find every gap in every door and window and can seal them up. Otherwise you spend a decade in the house wondering why you can't get your energy bills to go down.

I enjoy winter in small doses that I like to call "ski trips" - and I barely ski. It's a week of winter with a return flight home already booked. Growing up in Buffalo damaged me. It's not that winter is too severe, it's just that it lasts way too long. I will say it took me a while to get used to palm trees and Christmas trees at the same time, but now I miss that dearly.

Possibly worse than the extreme heat or the extreme cold is what we gets for months at a time in Atlanta - low 40's and raining. Last winter was awful! Ugh. Give me single digits and flurries or 90 and humid and I'd be happier!

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Possibly worse than the extreme heat or the extreme cold is what we gets for months at a time in Atlanta - low 40's and raining. Last winter was awful! Ugh. Give me single digits and flurries or 90 and humid and I'd be happier!
    But cold and wet is what we keep getting in Cincy winters! I'd much prefer extended cold and ice avoidance to walking through cold mud and mist.

Golden, CO - 1% humidity sometimes. 99 same as 85 in Fla. Foot of snow then Sunny and Mild. Wednesday hi/ low (JULY) 63/57. Hot? Drive up the Mtn.
    2023 Sweet 16

Can we all just Hate-On BobbieMcGee now
    Balls of Steele!!

Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    Can we all just Hate-On BobbieMcGee now
    We could, but he may be chillin'. They have some nice emporiums. You know, great bagel and coffee shops.

Voting on basis of winter in Northern IL.

Without going into details: No, Thanks . . .

Up in Door County, Wisconsin, tonight.

Very mild and pleasant.

With the warmth of the sun, all is well.

Saw a guy in a "XAVIER" shirt in Ephraim today while driving around. Who . . . ?
    Warmly,
    "Mel"