Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Big boy basketball. Get some Semaj.

He looks good physically. Looks like he spent some time lifting weights. If he can just get the opportunity, IMO he is better than Telfare (forgive if I misspelled) right now. I want SC to make it so coach Mack can tell high-school recruits he can get them to the next level and has proof too.

Quote Originally Posted by XfansinKy View Post
    I want SC to make it so coach Mack can tell high-school recruits he can get them to the next level and has proof too.
    I think we can all agree that's reason 1a that Mack and the Xavier basketball program want Christon to make it, too. Winning is important, but the best recruiting tool there is for blue chip recruits is to show them how many of your former players are in the league.

Sophomore
    This guy has a pretty good take on Semaj. Way more Thunder information I could possibly want, but he's worth a follow if you're interested in keeping up with Semaj. Granted, we could have written this exact excerpt about 20 times last year. It is a bit strange reading someone admit he didn't know Semaj was this talented. Debating if Semaj was better off developing his skills in the Big East or in the D league is obviously a waste of time, but that seems to be the direction he is headed...and the upside for him is that he'll be on the Thunder when that happens-and one could do alot worse in the league.

http://www.welcometoloudcity.com/201...er-76ers-recap

Semaj Christon

Semaj Christon was easily the most entertaining player to watch. To be honest, I was surprised with the rookie's talent. Christon is crazy quick, which ultimately gives him an advantage over most defenders. Not only does he have a fast first step, but also he is physical. His was fearless in his 6-3 frame against the big men he had to face down low. He is not afraid to push off against a center in order to get to the free throw line. For the 55th pick in the draft, Christon can be an impact player in the future.

The Thunder have a history of finding talent late in the draft. I expect Semaj to play in Tulsa for a majority if not the whole season, but he will be a good choice to fill Reggie Jackson's spot if Jackson decides to leave after next season. Christon was energetic, a vocal leader, and really gave it his all. What you often see at the Summer League is lack of effort because it is just like a practice. Semaj Christon brought his focus and tough mentality, which is what I like to see in young players. He did not have a good shooting day by any means, just 5-14 from the field, but he has a scorer's mentality and can translate most of his misses into makes with practice and maturity. Semaj Christon just needs a few years to develop in order to be an official steal.

149 NBA players have been on D-league rosters. It seems to be the best way nowadays for young players to develop.

If SC goes to D-league, what kind of salary would he get....... hundreds of thousands as a 2nd round draft pick, or around 25K, which is the average for a D-league player?

Just being honest here, and I hope that he develops the shot because I do want him to make it...but,

"Not a good shooting day by any means". Well, unfortunately that is what he is right now and after repeated exposure, that is what may hold him back from making the big team this year. He HAS to develop a reliable shot from 15 feet out, otherwise, he's not valuable enough. He also missed both of his free throws. Isaiah Thomas said it in the broadcast about how important it was as a guard to be able to be a defense stretching threat.

Keep working at it, 'Maj.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    If SC goes to D-league, what kind of salary would he get....... hundreds of thousands as a 2nd round draft pick, or around 25K, which is the average for a D-league player?
    No guranteed contract as a 2nd rounder. Unless Ok City wants to be generous with extra considerations on an inked deal, he gets the D league standard.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Tuition at X is $31k, so if he gets $25k it's a pay cut.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Tuition at X is $31k, so if he gets $25k it's a pay cut.
    It's actually worse because he has to pay taxes on that $25k. No athlete gets taxed on the non-cash income they receive. If he needs the money he goes to Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    It's actually worse because he has to pay taxes on that $25k. No athlete gets taxed on the non-cash income they receive. If he needs the money he goes to Europe.
    Really? Because he's allowed to spend the 31k as he wants to? And how much of that 25k do you think he is paying in taxes?

The teams also pay for housing, benefits, and $40 per diem for food. It's not a lot at all, it's downright terrible but it's better than being a student.

You guys are insane if you think he is getting "paid" more money at XU.