Special Thanks to Some Very Important People

... the Cintas beer vendors.

Thanks to all of you who braved the elements to make it to the game just so you could sell beer and celebrate senior night. Cintas was en fuego last night, due in no small part to the many many beers you sold. Cheers.
    Last edited by xeus; 03-09-2008 at 05:16 PM.

I had a nice chat with our beer vendor Friday. Like many sporting events, the folks behind the counters and staffing the beer carts are volunteers from local schools. The concessionaire pays the school directly. It's a great fundraising move.

Our beer vendors up top have a tip jar out. It explains who they are working for. I've never felt obligated to tip, but do from time to time. They tell me they really aren't supposed to have the tip jar out. I think that's crap. XU has no problem putting a big ol' tip jar out when it comes to the premium seats, but they don't want St. Clement's School getting a few bucks from the change from my $5.50 Budweiser? I think it's a real shame that the volunteer workers on the main concourse are forbidden from fundraising for their schools. Our concession prices are actually fairly reasonable.

Tipping the guy who is slinging my adult beverages is a God-given right. It's time to stand up for my rights. I demand tip jars!

I need a real hobby.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

I wonder why I was hanging out with our beer vendor on Friday.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

Actually, I thought that was why beer from the carts was $5.50 - to make it oh so easy to say "Keep the change"

In regards to tip jars I have seen the carts have them and not have them. Of course, knowing the beer carts are for charities, usually local churches, makes it easier to part with a little extra.
    - David Bowers ('95)

My friends from Indiana are always astonished you can buy beer at the Cintas Center. The beer vendor at the top of 201 is a nice convenient treat.

Quote Originally Posted by coasterville95 View Post
    Actually, I thought that was why beer from the carts was $5.50 - to make it oh so easy to say "Keep the change"

In regards to tip jars I have seen the carts have them and not have them. Of course, knowing the beer carts are for charities, usually local churches, makes it easier to part with a little extra.
    I was told they are technically not supposed to have them out.
    -Matt McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post
    I was told they are technically not supposed to have them out.
    I think most of the ones on the main concourse have them behind the counter. I always tip them a dollar on the first beer, figuring it's going to their church, soccer team, etc. and I've never had anyone refuse a tip.

Don't forget to thank the weiner dude.
    Talent on loan from God

Quote Originally Posted by Stonebreaker View Post
    Don't forget to thank the weiner dude.

Geez, man. Do you ever proofread your posts?
    -Matt McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post
    I wonder why I was hanging out with our beer vendor on Friday.
    Too much Pete Rose?