Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    don't really have a problem with Mack being 43rd. He hasn't proven he should be higher than that yet. However, I do have a problem with some of the coaches ahead of him...Jim Crews 29? Mick Cronin 27? what exactly have they done that Mack hasn't? However, should we really expect anything more from espn "writers?"

Oh and one more thing...Pastner is an f'ing retard. The guy can recruit but i'm pretty sure he has the basketball knowledge and coaching ability of your local grade school teacher/basketball coach
    It's got a very severe recency bias too. That's why Crews is ahead of Mack (at least that's the only thing I can think of). Crews had a nice head start in the talent department from his predecessor.

Quote Originally Posted by El Shaqtus View Post
    It's got a very severe recency bias too. That's why Crews is ahead of Mack (at least that's the only thing I can think of). Crews had a nice head start in the talent department from his predecessor.
    My understanding was that Crews was always a good coach but severely lacking on the recruiting front. I haven't paid enough attention to him to know if that's true, but that's just been my impression.

Tom Crean did not make the top 50. That is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by XUFan09 View Post
    My understanding was that Crews was always a good coach but severely lacking on the recruiting front. I haven't paid enough attention to him to know if that's true, but that's just been my impression.
    He seems to be a pretty good gameday guy. Jury obviously still out on recruiting...the guys brought in this year are rated higher than Majerus's recruits

A BS list if ever there was one. Literally no effort was put into this.

They almost took the list of every coach that made the NCAA tourney and juggled it randomly.

Oh well its the offseason

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Jim Crews was National Coach of the year in 2013. Guess the jury is out on his recruiting though.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

It's obviously flawed when Josh Pastner makes the list but Quin Snyder does not.

Quote Originally Posted by dfcapp View Post
    Somehow Archie Miller is listed at #26......ummm.....not so sure on that one. A little premature on my end.

Also, Jim Larranaga at 28? Dude languished at BGSU for years. Goes to GMU and manages to eek out one heck of a run & then returns to mediocrity. He's done an OK job at Miami, but to be the 26th best?

OK -- I am reading that it is who's doing the best job now....so I can give Miller a little bit of pass. What has Huggy done. The past 2 years haven't been worthwhile...
    Bob has increased his weight and his cholesterol level the last two years. Pretty soon, he will be wearing a poncho on the sidelines.
    Zip'em Up!

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Jim Crews was National Coach of the year in 2013. Guess the jury is out on his recruiting though.
    Umm no he wasn't...he may have been a conference winner I am not sure but he certainly wasn't the AP or Naismith coach of the year. By the way, Frank Haith was the AP winner in 2012 and that guy couldn't coach himself out of a paper bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Umm no he wasn't...he may have been a conference winner I am not sure but he certainly wasn't the AP or Naismith coach of the year. By the way, Frank Haith was the AP winner in 2012 and that guy couldn't coach himself out of a paper bag.
    NABC and Sporting News COY that year...so yeah, he won 2 COY awards (not counting conference, because we don't have one). Recruiting is the great unknown.